Mine

Mine
A riding crop and a blindfold doesn't make it BDSM. There is a big difference between being kinky and being in the scene. It's not a sexual thing to me, it's a very spiritual thing. ~ DominaBlue

3/24/11

Chapter 53

BPOV

“Edward!” I yelled while he still had me hanging over his shoulder as he took the stairs two at a time. I was so embarrassed looking back at the people watching him carrying me up the stairs. Emmett and Rose seemed to find my predicament humorous, while Aro and Jane - who had just arrived- tried to figure out what the heck was going on.

“I swear to God Edward,” I tried to sound menacing but my laughing totally ruined the effect and I couldn’t stop myself from giving him another whack on his butt.

“Keep it up Bella, you’re just adding five more.”

Shit! He was serious

When he told me in the kitchen that he would take me upstairs and give me a spanking, I’ll admit I wanted to test his resolve. It had been several days since Edward had put me over his knee and the idea of a warm bottom before bed was intriguing. Once the door bell rang I thought it would be safe as long as I got to the door before he caught me. My thinking was that he would wait until later, it turned out I was wrong, so very wrong.

Edward swung open the door to his room and in three strides I was slid off his shoulders as he sat down on the edge of the bed. There was still a part of me that thought he was joking and just trying to get a rise out me. That thought only lasted as long as it took for him to get me over his knee.

“Edward,” I tried to plead my case. “They are going to think we are up here having sex.”

“No Bella, they are going to think you are up here getting the spanking I said you would get.”
I could feel his forearm pressing into my back as his one leg wrapped around both of mine to keep me in position. “And I would hate to disappoint our guests.”

With the last word his hand came down in a loud smack against my skirt covered bottom. I was still so shocked I couldn’t say anything, until the next one landed close to the same spot.

“Oh!” the sound left my mouth in a gasp.

“Hmmm…I think you can do better than that.” His hand came down on the other cheek making me whimper as two more swats came quickly.

“So tell me my Bella…” his hand made contact once again, “…did you doubt my word?”

“Nooo,” I cooed as another swat landed on my bottom.

“No?” Edward asked skeptically with another swat. “That means you knew,” swat “what would happen?” swat

With each strike my bottom started to get warmer and as his hand ran over the area where it had just made contact I couldn’t stop the soft sounds of pleasure that left my mouth or the gathering wetness that was forming between my thighs.

“Ohhhh…” the word vibrated as my breathing was almost embarrassing while he rubbed both cheeks before swatting each one firmly making me squirm.

“I thought you would do it later.” The sentence came out of my mouth so fast it sounded like one big word.

“ohhh,” he groaned in understanding while rubbing my bottom. “I guess you were wrong.”

His hand came down quickly in two solid swats making me yelp. “Yeeeesss, I was wrong.”

“But you must have wanted the spanking.” The monotone sound of his voice was almost hypnotic as I sighed with the feel of another swat.

“Mmmmm,” I purred against his leg while my thighs rubbed together of their own accord.

“No, No, No. I’m afraid that’s not happening.” Edward’s hand gripped as much of my bottom as he could, squeezing it firmly. The feeling made me whimper even more before two well placed swats struck me across each cheek.

My body lay limply across his lap relishing the feeling of his large strong hands rubbing my well warmed bottom. This was my happy place as I’m sure the soft sighs coming from me could attest to. Apparently it was one of Edward’s happy places too because his very hard erection was poking me in my side. The pressure from his arm across my back lessened while his hand ran through the length of my hair.

“Are you happy now?” I could hear the grin in his voice.

“Mmmm…yesss.”

Edward continued to stroke through my hair in a soothing manner as my hand which wrapped around his leg began to rub along his inner thigh. My movements becoming more purposeful while moving closer to the bulge that had to be uncomfortable. The angle I was in made it difficult, but my fingers were able to trace his hardness making him hiss.

“You’re going to get yourself in trouble.” Using both his hands Edward lifted so that I sat in his lap making me whimper slightly from the tingle of my butt sitting on his firm legs.

“I like that kind of trouble,” I told him through panting breaths shifting slightly so that my body rested fully against his. The movement caused my hip to press against a hard Little Eddie making him suck in a breath of air while his eyes grew dark with desire.

“I know you do, and I must admit I like you in that kind of trouble,” he placed a small kiss on my lips, “but there are people downstairs waiting for us.”

Oh Shit

“I forgot about them.”

Edward chuckled at my admission, “So easily distracted.”

“It’s not funny, what are they going to say?” I was mortified at the implication of him carrying me up the stairs. Plus the fact that I was sure my face must have been flushed from the surge of lust that he had created in me.

Edward was still grinning as he stood us up. “Come on let’s get down there, they won’t say anything.”

“Emmett?” He stopped walking to look at me.

“Well, Emmett might.”

Edward’s eyes scanned my appearance and a grin formed on his face. “Why don’t you go into the bathroom and freshen up, while I go down and give a proper welcome.”

“That bad?” I asked skeptically.

His grin became bigger, “Bella if there weren’t people downstairs, there is no way we would be leaving this bedroom.”

I couldn’t help the blush that crept over my face. Edward chuckled closing the space between us and placing a kiss on my lips. My arms wrapped around his neck as his hand squeezed my tender bottom making me moan unto his mouth. At the sound he pulled back looking at me with his dark eyes.

His hand cupped the side of my face, “Oh my Bella, the things I want to do to you. But they’re going to have to wait until later.”

He placed one more small kiss on my lips and as I turned he gave my bottom another swat making me yelp while he added, “Hurry up.”

Looking at my reflection in the mirror I realized that Edward was right. My face was indeed rosy with wild chaotic hair. Not too concerned with my face because I knew it would be beet red from my blushing, I concentrated on my hair. Running a brush through it didn’t help it at all, so I ended up securing the sides loosely with a clip in the back.

After straightening my skirt I made my way down the stairs not even looking into the living room where I could hear the men talking. Instead going into the kitchen where Rose was putting the prosciutto-wrapped scallops on a dish, while Jane was just finishing the strawberry brie puffs. When they heard me enter Rose gave me a smirk but Jane looked bewildered.

“Thank you for taking care of this.” Trying to ignore their curiosity I stirred the artichoke dip and then moved to get the sweet and sour sauce for the scallops out of the refrigerator.

Rose couldn’t take it anymore and started laughing, “What did you do?”

Still unable to meet their eyes I rearranged the crackers and chips for the dip, while my face burned, until I heard what sounded like grief in Jane’s voice, “Were you inattentive again Bella?”

I don’t know why but it was important to me that she not be disappointed with my actions so I figured I would let them know, “No I wasn’t inattentive,” smiling wickedly I told her exactly what I was. “I was downright naughty, on purpose.”

“Oh!” she gasped, while Rose laughed, and finally a sly smile crossed Jane’s face. “Well this one will admit that being naughty does tend to keep Master’s interest. However, this one does not know if she would be naughty before company came.”

“Well, I thought he would wait until later,” I admitted while putting a stack of dishes on the tray with the napkins.

Rose laughed again, but Jane always the voice of reason touched my arm making me look at her, “Now you know he won’t.”

I couldn’t help the giggle that came out as she smirked. Jane was right, next time I won’t make the same mistake. I realized that my hand was unconsciously rubbing the sensitive area and as I stopped the warm tingle made me rethink. Perhaps this is one lesson that I just might forget.

Everything was ready to get taken into the living room and they each took something to help me carry it in. My eyes immediately went to Edward’s as we entered, he had a grin on his face and he winked at me making me smirk as my face heated. Rose and Jane followed my lead putting the food they had carried down on the coffee table. Rose moved to sit next to her husband on the couch, while Jane fixed a plate.

After saying hello to Aro – who stood to greet me – my attention turned to Emmett waiting for some kind of comment, but all I got was a hello. Edward had poured me a glass of wine, handing it to me while I carefully perched myself on the arm of the chair he was in. My bottom was tender but not painful just slightly tingly.

While everyone ate, the talk focused on the preparations for the Anniversary party and Edward’s uncle Marcus coming in from Chicago. I had yet to meet him because apparently he and his wife Didyme didn’t come to Seattle very often, so when they did there was a lot of family activities. I knew that Esme was excited about her brother coming as that was the reason they were returning home early from the beach. There was talk about having a large family gathering the day after the party, but that hadn’t yet been confirmed.

Every now and then I could feel Emmett watching me, every time my eyes went in his direction he quickly looked away; needless to say it was making me very selfconscious. I knew he had something to say and I wished he would just spit it out and get it over with.

After a few more minutes of playing cat and mouse with him I couldn’t take it anymore and the next time he was caught staring I blurted out, “What? I know your trying really hard, but just say it Emmett!”

Emmett tilted his head slightly while he narrowed his eyes as if deep in thought. “How the fuck did you swallow that shit so fast last night?”

OK…sooo not what I thought he was going to say

I could feel my face heat up as he looked at me curiously while continuing, “Seriously, do you have extra muscles in your throat or something? Because the fastest time was…” he looked to Rose for conformation, “…what thirteen-something seconds?”

She nodded, “Thirteen-point-eight.”

“Yeah …. You did it in half the time,” his tone was one of astonishment.

Edward corrected him, “Eight is not half of thirteen Emmett.”

“Fucking close enough,” Emmett said before his eyes went back to mine. “That’s why the bid went so high, there was no way they thought you could do it that fast.”

“The bid went high because of Caius,” Edward said next to me, but Emmett never diverted his eyes from my face. He stood up reaching in his pocket and I wondered what the heck he was doing as he took a step in my direction.

“Open your mouth, let me see,” He said holding a small flashlight that was attached to his keys.

“No! Get the hell away from me!” I swatted my hand in his direction.

“Come on little Bella, let me see…” his voice was like a curious child’s whine.

“No!”

Emmett looked kind of dejected that his curiosity was not going to be fulfilled, and as he turned to go back to the couch I felt kind of sorry for him. “Do you really want to know?”

“Yes,” his large form turned back to me so quickly bringing the flashlight back out of his pocket.

“Put that thing away, a demonstration would give you a better idea.” he seemed eager and I glanced at Rose.

“Would you go get the banana?” she was stunned for a moment but my smirk must have told her I was up to something because she started for the kitchen glancing back over her shoulder to give me a curious look, probably wondering what I was up to.

Putting my wine on the table I took the keys out of Emmett’s hands setting them next to my glass. “You won’t need them.”

I sort of eyed Emmett up before placing my hands on his forearms while looking up at his face. “Do you trust me?”

With those words I thought for sure he would have caught on to what I had planned, but he was either too anxious to satisfy his curiosity or he underestimated me because all he did was nod.

“Answer please.”

It was so hard not to laugh while looking into his eyes as he spoke, “I trust you.”

Rose was back peeling the banana as she stood next to her husband. I had wanted to use that for breakfast in the morning, but if this worked out it would be worth the loss. “Rose you be you, I’ll be me…” looking back up at his face I tried to keep my expression as serious as I could, “…and Emmett you have to get on your knees.”

Realization dawned on him along with everyone else in the room as Aro and Edward snickered. But poor Emmett looked pale, “What?”

I figured since I came this far I might as well continue. I tried to get that dark stern look and talk without laughing. “Don’t keep me waiting. Rose won’t be able to reach your mouth and I have to talk you through it so kneel,” adding the hand signal as I said the word.

Rose was silently giggling while Emmett’s eyes narrowed. I couldn’t take it anymore and I started to giggle as Emmett spat, “Fuck that shit! You two are not shoving a fucking banana down my throat like some god damn fake cock.”

I was laughing so hard there were tears in my eyes but poor Emmett wasn’t done, “Get down on my fucking knees…Kneel” he said the word like it left a nasty taste in his mouth adding the hand motion while he kept ranting as everyone else laughed.

“Edward take her back upstairs, she’s not done yet! Fucking kneel,” he was grumbling while he slumped back into the couch.

“I don’t know Emmett, she did that pretty damn good,” I looked at Edward and he winked.

“I did good?” my laughter was dying down and Edward smirked, “I think if I had been you Emmett, I would have knelt.”

“Yeah?” that piece of information excited me, but Edward shook his head giving me a look like ‘don’t-even-think-about-it’ as he firmly told me, “No!”

“Damn,” adding a snap for emphasis.

As I looked about the room I had once again forgot that there were other people here. Jane was still grinning and Aro was chuckling so I guess it was safe to say that everyone enjoyed the floor show. Everyone that is except Emmett, and I kind of felt bad about that, so walking to the back of the couch I wrapped my arms around his neck. “I’m sorry, but I couldn’t resist and you walked right into it.”

“Yeah…yeah…yeah...don’t worry little Bella I’ll get you back,” he said patting my arm.

“I don’t doubt it,” I told him releasing my hold and taking the banana from Rose. Excusing myself I went into the kitchen to check on dinner, everything was done so after pulling the chicken out of the oven to allow it to rest I started putting the other stuff into serving bowls. The sound of the kitchen door swinging open made me turn to see who was there, and I smiled as Aro joined me.

“Isabella I don’t wish to disturb you, but may I speak with you for a minute?”

Not wanting to be rude I stopped what I was doing. “Yes Sir, do you need something?”

“No..no, please continue, I can talk while you work.” I asked him to give me a second while I took the Corn Pie out of the oven because I didn’t want him talking to my back. Once it was out I gave him my attention.

Eyeing the pie I had just removed he smiled at me warmly, “It’s nice to see you so carefree around everyone. You seem much more confident and I must admit it does me good to see that. You are young and need to laugh more.”

I giggled, “Emmett is easy to laugh with.”

Aro agreed with me with a slight nod of his head, “And Edward?”

“Edward is easy to laugh with too.”

“Good, it truly brings me joy to see you happy and carefree.”

“Well I don’t know about carefree…”

Aro spoke before I could finish, “Yes well, that is what I wanted to talk to you about. I was looking over my calendar for the upcoming month and I noticed that it was time to set up another meeting with the Financial Planner.”

Oh…

Once I turned twenty-five my father had given me full rights to the trust he had started for me when my mother died. I had no idea what to do with such a large amount of money and I didn’t want to risk losing any of it. After speaking with Aro he had suggested that I meet with the man who handled his investments, even going so far as to set up the appointment and going with me. He had also taken the time to show me how to buy and sell stocks along with mutual funds, he told me that diversity was the best way to keep my investments safe. I was glad he was there to help me, growing up without money there was no need for me to understand market trends or Nasdec fluctuations. It’s not that it was hard to comprehend, but it was like learning a whole new language and I would have been lost without him, or worse - swindled out of what I had.

“Anyway, I know that you had asked me to go along with you, and I was wondering if you still needed me to do that?”

“Well,” I told him while getting the green beans into a serving bowl. “I’ve been doing some investing on my own; and I’ve actually made a little bit of money.”

I was proud of that and it appeared he was too, “Good for you Ms Swan. It’s not that hard it just requires a little know how and diligence.” He was right that it wasn’t hard once I’d been shown how.

Aro was watching me waiting for an answer. I didn’t feel comfortable enough to go alone yet, but I knew that he was a busy man and I didn’t want to bother him. “If you don’t have the time…”

“No, that’s not it,” he said shaking his head. “I would make the time. But I didn’t know if you were thinking of having Edward attend the meeting with you.”

“Oh…does Edward know what he’s doing?”

Aro laughed at my question. “I believe that he uses a different representative but from the same firm and he would be more then competent to consult with you.”

How did I not know this? I knew that Edward talked about having a trust fund, but in all honesty the topic of his personal finances have never come up in our conversations. The only time we discussed money was when I would get upset over his need to pay for everything.

Aro clarified his meaning, “As I said, I wouldn’t mind going with you, but I ask that Edward be made aware of my involvement. In all honesty though, I pass you off into very capable hands.” The grin on his face made me smile.

“Are you trying to get rid of me?” I asked him with humor.

“Would I do that?” the smile on his face made me giggle as he laughed along with me and then he spoke, “You let me know…”

Aro didn’t get to completely finish his statement because the kitchen door swung open to an almost angry Edward. His eyes were narrowed and there was a look of confusion on his face as he glanced between his uncle and me. “What’s so funny?”

Shaking my head I laughed once more, “Nothing.”

That answer didn’t seem to set well with Edward, “Something must be pretty damn humorous for you to both be in here alone, laughing your asses off!”

I stared at him in disbelief. He sounded …jealous.

Aro chuckled under his breath, “I’ll tell everyone dinner is ready.” As he left I think he mumbled something that sounded like ‘very capable hands’ but I couldn’t be sure because my focus was on the disgruntled man staring at me.

“Edward will you bring the chicken to the table?” I asked picking up the Corn Pie with the hot mitts.

“Bella, I want to know what the fuck you were doing in here.”

“Are you serious?” It was a stupid question because I could tell that he was.

“You two are in here alone having a little tae-ta-tae, laughing and carrying on like…” a sternness crossed his features. “My uncle is not the laughing kind.”

That comment caught me off guard. Aro is a disciplined man who takes his business and responsibilities very seriously. However, he is also thoughtful, compassionate and has a witty sense of humor. I wanted to say something to alleviate Edward’s tension but I really didn’t have time to explain the whole thing at that moment.

“He just asked me a question and I promise we will talk about it later, right now my dinner is getting cold.”

“You’re fucking right. We will talk about it sooner rather than later.”

I stared at him in shock while he picked the chicken up off the counter. “If I didn’t know any better I would swear you were jealous of your uncle.”

Edward stopped mid-step turning to look at me, “Bella you and Aro have some kind of strange relationship that I don’t fully understand. He seems almost protective of you, like …”

He didn’t finish instead shaking his head, “we’ll talk about it later.”

I stood there for a brief moment watching as he passed through the door right before Jane came in followed by Rose. They each picked up the remaining serving bowls off the counter and followed me into the dining room. Once everything was on the table Edward held my chair out for me, placing a kiss on my head as I slid back in. I looked at the gesture as a sign that he wasn’t really mad just in need of a deeper understanding of the relationship I had with Aro.

There were compliments about how good everything looked while Edward carved the chicken. Emmett wondered why there was pie on the table and I had to explain what it was. Telling them that it was a family favorite and when I was younger whenever Sue made baked chicken, corn pie was always served with it. There were also lots of dinners when it was the meal all by itself. My father would only eat it with a little extra butter but everyone else would put warm milk on top of it. Getting myself a serving with a ladle of milk the others at the table were at least willing to try it.

The talk at the dinner table revolved around more family preparations for a while, but soon they returned to the last night’s events.

“Honestly Bella, I have no idea how you did not smack that girl.”

I knew that Rose was just standing up for me, but in all honesty I was of the mind that violence was never the answer. “To tell you the truth, had she not grabbed my arm I would have just left without giving her the satisfaction of a reply.”

“Jessica laid her hands on you?” Aro seemed incensed by that piece of information. I truly wanted to drop the whole thing and tried to play off his question.

“It was nothing really.”

Edward placed his hand on my thigh under the table giving it a small squeeze as he spoke, “I had asked Emmett to keep an eye on Bella, but he can’t very well go into the bathroom with them.”

“That’s not the point Edward. No one should have to keep an eye on her or anyone else. If there is one place that a person should feel safe from being accosted it’s at New Moon.”

I spoke up as quickly as I could, “I felt safe…”

Aro’s eyes narrowed with intensity and I could feel the anxiety rolling off him, “I have a meeting with Mr. Newton tomorrow afternoon; I assure you this will be taken care of.”

My meal suddenly became very interesting and I wished that Aro would just let it go. Keeping my eyes down I spoke my concerns. “Don’t you think it will be better to not make a big deal out of it?”

My voice wasn’t very strong because I will admit Aro can be intimidating but I was sure he could hear me. Edward spoke up, “I promised Bella that I wouldn’t do anything this time.”

Chancing a glance at Aro he was considering Edward’s words and again I hoped that he would drop it. The whole situation made me uncomfortable. I didn’t like to think that my presence would cause anyone to get into trouble. I also thought that retaliation would only spur more unwanted attention in my direction. However I guess Aro didn’t see it that way.

“And so you shall keep your word, however I made no such promise nor would I ever. New Moon is my club, my rules, my code of conduct.” Aro’s eyes met mine his expression was very serious.

“I just don’t want to be the cause…” Aro eyes narrowed and I wasn’t sure if it was because I spoke or if it was what I said, but he was not happy.

“Isabella, it doesn’t matter to me if it is you, Rose, or a stranger off the street. Every action good, bad or indifferent has a consequence. I will not allow an assault that took place in my club to go by the way side. Now, are you going to sit there and tell me that you started the altercation?”

“No sir…I didn’t even know who she was. She just came in and started yelling about being third fiddle and it was all my fault…”

“Third Fiddle?” Emmett asked at the same time Edward spoke, “You didn’t tell me that.”

I shrugged looking to him, “I didn’t know it mattered.”

“Does Newton have a woman?” Edward’s question was directed towards his brother who shrugged and Rose spoke up, “I never seen him with one, but I didn’t even know he was with Jess until last night.”

“Maybe Newton has a man,” Emmett pondered.

While they were discussing Mike Newton’s personal life my thoughts went back to the matter at hand. I was still of the mind that any kind of retribution on my behalf would appear to be Aro’s attempt of protecting me. That would only cause more scandal and I just wanted it to stop. It was clear that going to the club was something that Edward enjoyed and to be honest so did I, when we could be left alone. I wanted to try and get Aro to understand that I believed he was adding fuel to the fire.

My eyes met Aro’s he seemed calm so I thought I would take a chance, “Sir, I know that you are angry,” His eyebrows raised and before he could cut me off again I added quickly, “But if I could please just say one more thing.”

From the corner of my eye I could see Edward’s head turn towards me while Emmett chuckled muttering, “little Bella is getting feisty.”

“Go on.”

Knowing that I had to tread lightly with Aro I tried to word my concerns very carefully. “I know that it is your club and your rules and that you have every right to enforce them as you see fit. However, don’t you think that certain people will see it as you only doing it as a way of shielding me? Caius already has made comments and it might just make him think he is right.”

“Are you done?”

“Yes Sir.”

Aro nodded once, “Before I answer, allow me to ask you some questions. In reference to my anger, what did I tell you was the number one trait a dominant must process?”

I knew where he was going to go with his question but I answered anyway, “Self-control.”

“Why?”

“Because if he can’t control himself, he can’t be expected to control others.”

Aro smiled, “I taught you well Ms. Swan.” At his words the hand Edward had on my leg squeezed me tightly, and Aro continued. “I am now the same as I always am, in total control of my anger, so you can dispel that notion from your pretty little head. However, would you not agree that there is a difference between uncontrolled rage and justified ire?”

I didn’t say anything at first, instead nervously biting my lip but he continued to stare at me waiting for an answer. “Yes Sir, there is a difference.”

Aro seemed pleased with my answer as he leaned forward slightly as if to close the distance between us, “As far as what Caius or anyone else thinks about my motives…” he got a distant look in his eyes before asking me, “Do you remember what I told you when you were going to quit school?”

“You were going to quit?” Edwards question caused me to momentarily break my attention away from Aro to answer him. I spoke the words in a hushed whisper, “It was a bad time.”

I didn’t want to get into the whole situation sitting at the dinner table, but I did contemplate not continuing with my education. It was right after James had attacked me in my home. I was a mess, not sleeping, not eating, and on most days afraid to leave my house yet fearful of being there alone. I had taken a full semester off returning to a part-time status and even with going throughout the summers it took me an extra year to get done. I was so worn out from the stress and all the anti-depressants that I was finding it difficult to function normally, and even more difficult to focus on my studies. I had thrown myself into working at the center as a means to try and forget but the twice-weekly counseling session always brought it back. I was so distraught with all that happened, doubting myself and my ability to have a normal life that I just couldn’t see the purpose of continuing.

“It was a bad time,” Aro commented before he asked, “But what were my words to you Isabella?”

I couldn’t help the emotion that welled up inside of me at the memory; it was such a dark time in my life. Everyone was coddling me, but Aro didn’t do that, he understood my pain but yet he was the only one who expected me to rise above it. The thought of his words brought tears to my eyes.

“You told me to dig deep, find the strength or else I’d only hurt myself and I’d allow him to prevail.” Aro had said more in his eloquent wording but that was the gist of his advice. He raised one eyebrow at my acknowledgement of his words

“It is the same thing Ms. Swan, although a different situation. You are a passive person, a quality that I greatly admire in you. Also a quality that I am sure is the reason you remained alive and sane during all those years of being with that man – and I use the term loosely - because in my opinion he should be strung up with his balls cut off and shoved down his throat.”

Aro took a deep breath before he continued, “But being passive doesn’t mean weak, nor does it imply fearfulness. It doesn’t matter what anyone says or thinks, they have no bearing upon my life or yours. Caius is not the first one to think that the relationship we share is something more than a platonic endeavor of someone who has more wisdom bestowing it to someone who wishes to know it, and he is not the last.” His eyes shifted to Edward who I could feel stiffen at my side.

I couldn’t think about Edward’s reaction because a thought occurred to me. “There was someone else?”

Aro chuckled humorlessly, “Ah Ms. Swan, sometimes your innocence in the ways of man is refreshing. To you there would not be any connotation of indecency of a man meeting with a beautiful young woman on a regular basis. But, I would venture to guess that everyone at this table would think differently.”

I didn’t even get to answer before Emmett spoke, “I would think you were getting some.”

My mouth dropped in shock and as I looked around the table Rose was nodding her head, Jane had her eyes down, and Edward was staring at me. “I thought he was.”

“How could you?” I asked, shocked.

“I didn’t know who you were Bella, but I knew that Aro was working with a female graduate student,” he shrugged explaining.

“Jane,” Aro’s voice broke through the feeling of unease I suddenly felt.

My eyes fell on the woman across the table from me. “This girl didn’t know you Bella. All she knew was what Master told her. That you were smart, pretty and young, half this girl’s age and fresh, so very fresh.”

I could feel my mouth drop open, “Jane you thought…” I couldn’t even say the words. “…ohhh…my god. That’s just …” I shuddered.

“Well thank you very much Ms. Swan,” Aro’s words made it sound like he was wounded but his chuckle told me otherwise.

“You know what I mean. You’re a handsome man but…I think of you as my uncle or something like that.”

He smiled, “I understand, but do you see what I’m saying about what people think? Everyone at this table knows me, and yet they can think the worst, so it doesn’t really matter what outsiders say.” he paused before continuing

“Personally I have never been of the mind to have a harem. I find the whole thing to be distracting and much more trouble than it is worth. I could not imagine the tribulations of dealing with different personalities, regulating each one’s progress while attempting to keep correction at a minimum.”

Aro sighed shaking his head “No that is not for me. I have one slave who makes me very happy. She is also my wife and I take that vow very seriously as everybody should. Besides, as Jane has said you are very fresh, and I wouldn’t want to go through those hell years ever again.”

Emmett and Edward chuckled, I wanted to ask what he meant by hell years but Aro went on talking. I don’t know if he guessed at my question but as he spoke he answered it for me. “I suppose fresh can be fun and exciting, but it is also exhausting. I am too old and set in my ways to take on such an endeavor. I do not have the patience, desire, or stamina to take on one so new.”

I wasn’t sure if I should be relieved or offended. Emmett’s comment ended my debate, “He’s saying you’re a brat.”

I gasped while Edward chuckled, “Bella is not a brat,” at the same time Aro commented, “I didn’t say that.”

His attention turned from Emmett to me, “All I’m saying is that people can think what they want but personally I wouldn’t have the energy to…carry a squirming young woman up the stairs to do what needs doing.”

Rose was snickering but it was the sound of Edward’s laugh that caused me to quickly elbow him in the ribs, “Owe!”

It appeared that while I was in shock from the knowledge that everyone at the table assumed Aro and I were having an affair, being referred to as a loaf of wonder bread, and compared to a monstrous two year old, everyone else had finished eating. As I started to gather some of the plates, Jane automatically started to help but Edward stopped her. “I got it.”

In the kitchen I turned on the coffee pot while Edward set the plates he had carried down on the counter before wrapping his arms around my waist. “I’m not talking to you.”

Edward chuckled in my ear, “Yes you are.”

“No I’m not,” I tried to sound indignant.

“Uh...” I could hear the grin in his voice, “…I think I hear something, but it can’t be my Bella because she is not talking to me.”

“I’m serious Edward.”

He gasped, “There it is again!”

Turning in his arms to face him, “Can you at least pretend to let me be mad at you?”

“Oh Bella, if you want to pretend something I can think of a lot better ideas then that.”

The mischievous look in his eye made me giggle. I wasn’t really mad at him, he hadn’t done anything wrong. Rising up to my toes my lips met his as my body melted against him while his hands on my back held me tightly. I started the kiss and I broke it, pulling back from him with one more small kiss. The look on his face was so compelling words didn’t need to be said because I knew that he loved me.

The coffee pot finished and I moved away from Edward to put it on the tray that had everything I would need for dessert, including a cup of herbal tea for Rose. He carried the heavier tray while I took the cake stand.

While we were in the kitchen someone had brought all the stuff from the living room to the table. I assumed that they didn’t bring it into the kitchen to allow Edward and me a private moment. He had cut me a small piece of cake and I was glad that Aro knew right away that it was his mother’s recipe. It was simply delicious and the fact that he knew meant that I must have gotten it right.

Once they were done, the men went into the living room to talk while the three of us cleaned up the dishes and then sat in the kitchen. I had let Seth in – he had been outside while we ate – and he was situated under my chair while we talked.

There was an uncomfortable feeling that needed to be taken away. “Jane, you know that I never would have done …”

She smiled at me, “This girl knows Bella. She thought those things before she had any contact with you. Once she started speaking with you she knew the kind of person you were.”

Her words made me feel better but she still didn’t seem herself. “Remember this one told you that a person’s true self always comes out. They can hide for a small amount of time, but eventually their true intentions are made known.” I nodded while she took ahold of my hand.

“Years ago when Master first started speaking with you, this girl became …a brat. She thought that if Master wanted fresh then she would be that girl and she was naughty on purpose, to get a reaction. After hearing Master talk tonight, this one is ashamed of her behavior. But that has nothing to do with you, it was her own insecurities.” Her words surprised me, because Jane always seems so sure of herself and her role.

“It doesn’t matter how long you are together, there will always be a time when you doubt your own worth or place in their life.” Jane let go of my hand to answer Rose’s comment.

“Yes, that’s very true Rose, because under it all we are just women who love our men and the thought of losing them is sometimes too much to bear. It is only made harder when you have no understanding from those around you. Because outsiders feel that your lifestyle is wrong and they are constantly waiting for it to fall apart. Any marriage or relationship can be complicated enough without adding in what we choose to add.” Jane looked between the two of us as she finished her thoughts.

“Having someone to talk to is a big help, that’s why this girl always says to come talk to her, and talk to each other. Those on the outside who don’t approve are going to ostracize you, make snide comments that can be hurtful. Don’t allow them to deter you. Master’s advice to Bella about finding strength and not letting others prevail over you, that holds true to this life also. It might be friends, it might be family, and unfortunately it will probably be someone whom you never thought would turn their back on you, simply because they don’t understand or approve.” There was a sadness in her voice and I wondered who it was that had done that to her.

“Now,” Jane smiled. “Enough about that stuff, let’s talk about something less serious.” The three of us talked about Rose’s plans for the nursery and the fact that she was going for her ultrasound on Friday. She would be eighteen weeks along and hoped that they could learn the sex of the baby. Both women had asked for my Corn Pie Recipe which I gave them and it wasn’t much time after that the men were done and everyone was getting ready to leave.

Standing at the door they all thanked us for dinner, Aro said he would see Edward in the morning but he hugged me goodbye telling me to have a nice time while we were away. Jane gave my hand a squeeze as she walked by me, I knew what she meant. Rose hugged me, saying she would see me on Sunday and not to worry too much about Forks. Emmett had the remaining cake in one hand while hugging me with the other reminding me that he owes me one.

When the door was shut and the alarm set I slipped my shoes off letting out a sigh of relief while Edward chuckled,“That bad?”

“Oh…you have no idea,” I told him walking to the kitchen to put away the few items I had pulled out while the three of us talked at the table. Edward brought in the glasses from the living room; I told him to just put them in the sink that I would wash them in the morning. Seth went out one more time before we turned out the lights and headed up to bed.

It’s amazing how routine nightly rituals have become for Edward and me, standing in our underwear while brushing our teeth, peeing while the other is in the shower. In all the years that I was with James there was never that comfort zone where I felt at ease enough to be human around him. In the month that I have been with Edward my ability to relax and be myself has grown extraordinarily, to the point where I don’t even think he would care if I farted.

“What are thinking?” his eyes were watching me in the mirror after spitting out the toothpaste.

Spitting myself, I giggled because there was no way I was telling him about my fart theory, “Nothing.”

Rinsing my mouth and putting my toothbrush back in the holder I caught his eyes in the mirror watching me with a curious look. Wiping my hands and mouth on the towel I left him to finish while I removed my under things for bed. Edward rounded the doorway just as I was getting ready to put a nightshirt over my head. Grabbing it out of my hands he stated, “I think we have something to finish.”

“What?” I asked innocently.

“You know what I’m talking about,” The twinkle in his eyes was making my breath hitch as the familiar stir started to form in my belly, while I shook my head, “I don’t know what you are referring to.”

Edward chuckled, “Well then I guess I will give you a minute to think about it.”

As he turned towards his dresser I smacked him lightly on the ass and burst out laughing when he looked back at me in shock. Edward’s arms reached out to grab me, but I squealed jumping out of the way and quickly darting over the bed leaving him standing on the other side.

Edward got that playful smirk on his face while beckoning me with his finger, “Come here Bella.”

“Ummm….No,” I said shaking my head.

He moved around to the end of the bed coming in my direction so I hopped on top of it, every time Edward moved one way I took a step in the opposite He raised one eyebrow in an attempt to compel me to stay still. “Bella?”

I was feeling a little smug at the situation so I shook my head in a cocky fashion drawing out his name, “Ed…war…d?”

I tried to keep my eyes on his movements to see which way he was going to go and I figured that with the raised footboard there was no way he could come at me from the bottom of the bed. But I was wrong. One second I was standing and the next his hand shot out so fast that I didn’t have time to react as I landed face down on the bed. I tried to scurry across to the other side but Edward had a hold of my foot and was pulling me towards him.

“Now what are you going to do?” he asked through his laugher.

I was laughing so hard but still trying to get free as my hands gripped the comforter to try and crawl away. That only brought my ass up in the air giving Edward the perfect target. His hand came down in a loud smack.

“OH!” I yelp through my laughter while Edward chuckled wrapping his other hand around my waist holding me in position.

“You should have come to me my Bella,” his voice was still playful however the swat was not.

“Oh, damn!” my hands were still clawing at the blankets as another swat landed.

“Ow!” I yelled through the laughter trying to dislodge myself from his grip.

“My-my,” Edward chuckled, “you are a naughty girl tonight.” He leaned over my body and his breath whispered hot against my neck, “what happens to naughty girls Bella?”

The tingle rippled through me as I sucked in a deep breath that left me in a whimper, “ahh…they get kissed?”

“Hmmmmm….” Edward hummed as his nosed skimmed down the length of my spine rubbing his stubble over my bottom before he bit down hard on my right cheek.

“Damn!” I gasped then let out a whimper as his hand skimmed along my spine and wrapped tightly around my hair. Edward tugged making me lift my head as he once again leaned over to speak against my neck. “I think that was the wrong answer Bella.”

Oh fuck

“That’s right, naughty girls get fucked.”

I was still contemplating the fact that I had thought out loud when I realized that Edward was positioned behind me between my open thighs. One second I was breathing heavy with need, and the next I was screaming out as he filled me.

Maintaining his hold on my hair with his other hand holding my hip, he kept me from moving as he thrust hard and fast in and out of me. It didn’t take long before my breathing became erratic and Edward growled through his own heavy breath, “Is that what you want Bella? You want to be fucked?”

“Yes!…God yes! Fuck me…”

He felt so good slamming into me and the room became filled with moans and flesh meeting flesh. His hand seemed to grip my hair tighter making me arch my back, but he never slowed his pace.

I could feel the pressure building and I panted out my need, “More…Hard …Please…”

His fingers dug harder into my hip and I knew there would be a bruise there but I didn’t care. It felt so good to be taken with such fierceness that all I could think about was the surges of pleasure running through my body.

Edward was grunting with each thrust the sound of his pleasure along with the pain of the grip he had on my hair was making the tightening in my stomach almost unbearable. I wanted to cry out for more but I couldn’t seem to get my voice. All I could do was take what he was giving me and enjoy it.

“Fuck Bella,” he growled slamming into as he came making me scream out as he took me over the edge with him. The warm tingle shooting through me caused the euphoric high that was better than any drug I ever had.

I was lightheaded from heaving breaths and my limbs felt like Jell-O. The grip he had on my hip eased but he held my hair moving my head to the side while he leaned over my back. My breathing was still coming in quick short pants matching his while me growled in my ear, “See what happens when you run away from me?”

Whimpering as his teeth sunk into my shoulder sending aftershocks through me I made up my mind to run more often.

No comments: