Mine

Mine
A riding crop and a blindfold doesn't make it BDSM. There is a big difference between being kinky and being in the scene. It's not a sexual thing to me, it's a very spiritual thing. ~ DominaBlue

3/24/11

Chapter 51

BPOV

Sitting on the bed in my room I was watching Edward looking through the clothing in the closet while petting Seth. I had been trying to get out of going to the club tonight ever since we got done having sex. At first I thought maybe he had forgotten about it, because we laid wrapped in each other’s arms for a long time. Then I feigned sleep - well not exactly because I was beginning to doze off - hoping that Edward would think I was too tired to go.

“Come on Isabella, we need to get dressed.”

Covering my mouth with the back of my hand I exaggerated the yawn before snuggling back into his side. Edward held me for a few more minutes and then made it completely obvious to me that we were going.

“Tidy up down here and then meet me in your room in five minutes.” Sighing in acquiescence earned me another scolding.

“Was that meant for me?” Edward sat up to glare at me.

“No Sir.”

“I don’t find that sound to be very pleasing Isabella, nor do I care what your opinion is on the matter, had I wanted your opinion I would have asked for it.” The intensity in his eyes was too much and I had to look away.

Edward continued to glare at me for a few more seconds before he asked if my journal was still upstairs. When I told him yes, he announced that I only had four minutes left and I had better hurry up. He went upstairs while I gathered everything up. There really wasn’t much to do, the paper cartons and wine went into the fridge, two glasses went into the dishwasher and I threw the blanket we had sex on into the washing machine.

When I came into the room Edward was already in the closet picking out what he wanted me to wear so I sat on the bed with Seth. I thought about bringing up the idea of just staying home, but I knew that he was resigned to going so I figured I would suck it up and do as he asked.

“Bella where is your red corset?”

“Ummm…in your room?” At least I think that’s where it was, the only other choice would be my closet in the playroom. Edward came out carrying a pair of black jeans and my red heels.

He sighed, “I know we are just trying to figure out our arrangement but could you organize your clothes better?’

“What do you mean?”

“Look, you have more places to keep clothes in this house than I do.” I stared at him in disbelief, because he’s the reason I have so many different places. He’s the one who insisted that I have my own dresser in his room. I was perfectly content the way things were, my room - my stuff.

“All I’m saying is that you need to keep your approved weekend clothes in this room,” He used his pointer finger to stress the point. “Not all over the damn house.”

With that he left, presumably to his room so while he was gone I started getting ready. Coming out of the bathroom Edward came back in the room announcing irately “It’s not there.”

“Then it must be in the playroom.”

Edward huffed, “Just finish getting ready please, come on Seth,” Edward smacked his lips together getting the dogs attention, “I might as well let you out while I’m down there.”

With him gone I continued and by the time Edward returned my makeup was done and I was running the straightener through my hair. I didn’t know if he wanted it up or not but on the off chance he didn’t I figured it be best to get started.

“Here you go,” he watched me for a second, “leave your hair down, and no panties,” he added before leaving to get dressed himself.

I didn’t understand what was so damned important about going tonight if all he wanted to do was check on paperwork, that could wait until the morning - after all it would still be there. But I had resigned myself to the fact that we were going so I might just as well make the best of it. With my hair done I shimmied into the black denim before stepping into the shoes. The corset was another matter all together. I had just gotten it on when Edward came back, that was good because I would need his help.

“Can you tighten the laces for me?”

Edward stepped behind my back tugging the ties tightly from the bottom up. Once he reached my ribs I needed to adjust my boobs so they lay comfortably. I could tell by his expression in the mirror that he was upset and I worried it was with me.

“Are you angry with me?”

Edward tugged a little harder making me suck in air, “No Bella I’m not angry. I know that you don’t want to go and to be honest I don’t want to go either. But, I don’t want to give anyone a chance to alter the sign-in book. They can’t do it while the club is open but as soon as it closes for the weekend it could be possible for them to make changes or completely remove entries. I want to see the information and make copies of it.”

He finished with the laces running his hands down either side of my body, “You look ravishing in this Bella and I must say I’m looking forward to the unlacing.”

“And when do you suppose that’s going to happen?”

His chin rested on my shoulder, “I am planning on being home by eleven and having you restrained in my bed by eleven-fifteen.”

I took in Edward’s outfit while following him down the stairs. He was wearing a pair of black jeans with a dark grey button down over a simple white T-shirt. He looked simply yummy as the shirt moved against the muscles in his back. I was paying more attention to his form than where we were going and when we got to the bottom step his sudden stop caused me to stumble.

Quickly turning he caught me righting my position. “You must pay attention to my movements.”

“Yes Master,” was all I could say not wanting to confess to ogling.

He let Seth in, set the alarm and ushered me to the car. The ride to New Moon was mostly quiet until we reached the down town area. “Isabella I’m sorry I was short with you back at the house. There really is no excuse for it and I’m afraid that my attitude was more of my own unwillingness to accept the situation than anything to do with you.”

I didn’t know what to say to him but I didn’t want Edward to feel bad for about it. “It’s alright Master, but if your girl may ask, what exactly are you hoping to find out?”

He sighed taking my hand in his and told me about Mike being the only one who would have seen him entering the code. So besides getting the information he was thinking that if we showed up tonight it might rattle Mike enough to cause him to say or do something that would explain what happened.

“Isabella do you know him?”

I thought about the man who was there that night, I had came out of the kitchen after standing in front of that damn door to find them in the living room. I didn’t pay very much attention to him, other than to notice the way he stared at me. I remembered grabbing the lapels of my robe because I was uncomfortable with the look he was giving me. But Edward was right there and he immediately sent me upstairs.

“No, although he did look vaguely familiar …”

Edward interrupted, “Mike works security at the club.”

Oh

Edward was pulling into the parking lot that was across the street from the main entrance. He didn’t say anything else until he held my door open for me taking my hand and pulling me closer to him. “I am sorry about my behavior.”

I smiled at him, “Your girl forgives you.”

His face moved closer to mine as he spoke, “My girl is more tolerant then I deserve.”

“Never,” as I said the word his lips brushed against mine, it was a sweet chaste kiss. When he pulled back his eyes held a tenderness in them as he palmed the side of my face.

“Remember your task and speak to no one other than family members.”

“Yes Sir.”

“Come, let’s get this over with so we can get home.” I nodded in agreement following behind him with my eyes down. As we approached the entrance Edward spoke with the guy at the door.

“Tyler, how is the night going?”

“Actually Edward, it’s been busy, it’s game night.”

Edward groaned, “Damn I forget about that.”

Tyler chuckled as we moved into the club telling us to have fun; I wasn’t sure what game night was but it appeared as though I was about to find out. Keeping my eyes down I couldn’t see who Edward was greeting as we moved through the first room. There didn’t seem to be very many people here and I wondered what Tyler was talking about when he said it was busy. That was until we got into the next area where the dance floor was.

It seemed everyone was crowded into this area and before I could take it in Rose came over to us, “Oh thank God! Edward we need a third for our team, can we have Bella?”

“Who’s we?” he asked.

“Jane and I.”

Edward was quiet in what I could only assume was deep thought, “Ask Isabella.”

Rose was pulling on my arm trying to get me to move, “Come on Bella, their going to get started soon.”

Looking up at Edward he smiled at me before placing a kiss on my forehead, “Have fun, but remember your place and who it is that you belong to.”

I let Rose pull me through the people to the middle of the dance floor where Jane was waiting. She wrapped me in a hug and after our brief hello’s I asked what kind of game we were playing.

“It’s kind of like a trivia game, with each correct answer we move up a space on the floor.” Looking down I noticed the different colored squares lined up in rows – apparently we were green. “Then if we win the trivia we get to do a challenge and raise money for one of the families, their son is battling a brain tumor.”

“Oh that’s terrible Jane…” I knew that with the death of Mason seeing another family go through the stress of their sick child would be difficult on her. I was thinking once again how strong she was when it dawned on me, “what kind of challenge?”

Rose answered me in a dismissive tone, “Oh it varies - nothing too hard, and that’s when people bid.” She turned to look at the guy in the front of the stage holding a microphone. “But first we have to get up there…and I want to win Bella.”

The guy in the front of us called everyone’s attention to the front of the room, “Ok. Do we have our teams together?” he looked out over the dance floor before he continued. “You all know how this works...” I didn’t know and I hoped he explained it so I was happy as he went on,

“…you work as a team, give one answer; first team to get six correct answers does the challenge. If the winning team gets to the front with ten questions or less, the club will match the challenge bid. Alright any questions?”

When there was nothing but silence he cleared his throat, “Ok then let’s get started. First question: what is Axillism?”

I whispered to Rose, “Using the armpit for sex.” She blurted it out and the guy looked at us in shock.

“That’s right, green team step forward.” Rose seemed extremely pleased that we could move to the next square.

“Second question: The most popular flavor of editable underware …” he didn’t even get to finish the question when some yelled, “Cherry!”

“Yes, Red team.”

Rose looked over her shoulder then back at us. We had sort of formed ourselves into a huddle and she griped, “Figures that stupid bitch would know the answer to that one. She would have to strap a fruit roll-up to her ass for anyone to eat her out!” My mouth dropped in shock but that didn’t stop me from giggling.

“Be nice Rose,” Jane scolded and it would have held more weight had she not been giggling herself.

“Question three...” we stopped laughing to listen, “The word ‘fuck’ is an acronym …”

Jane quickly blurted, “Fornicate Under Command of the King!”

“Yes…green team.”

The game progressed until we were on question seventeen, and tied with the red team. Both of us needed one more correct answer to win. We had already answered that the first condoms were made out of linen, vibrators were invented to cure women of hysteria, and that Geisha were not allowed to perform oral sex because it was considered demeaning.

Rose was tense as we listened to the next question, “Venus observa is the technical term for…” I whispered, “Missionary position.” Rose yelled out my answer and then high fived both Jane and me when he said that was correct and we won the trivia part.

She really was excited and apparently Emmett was too because he was hooting and hollering as all the other teams left the floor. The guy with the microphone came over to us with a small wooden box and held it out in front of Jane, “Pick a good one.”

She stuck her hand in pulling out a slip of paper handing it to him, “Deep Shot!”

“One of you have to do it,” Rose said shaking her head.

“This one can’t, Master would never allow it,” Jane was also shaking her head with her mouth set in a tight line.

“You have to do it Bella,” Rose whispered.

“Do what?” No one answered my question because the guy interrupted our debating, “Who’s doing it ladies?”

Rose ignored the man with the microphone to explain to me. “They put three shoots in what looks like a thick condom and you have to deep throat it and use your tongue and throat to make it come out.”

I was in total shock, these women wanted me to perform a simulated sex act in front of everyone. “Rose…” I pleaded, “…I can’t do that…” I didn’t know how to get out of it and then I remembered my task nothing can touch my lips, “…I need permission to…”

Rose didn’t even bat an eyelash as she looked to the guy, “Ron she needs permission.”

“She needs permission,” he announced over the microphone. The room was dead quiet and for a brief moment I thought I had my reprieve until I heard Edward’s voice say the one word that gave me no option.

“Granted.”

Motherfucker

“See he wants you to do it!” Rose was excited; Jane gave me an encouraging nod and I wanted to throw up.

“Ok Ladies let’s get you set…” Ron was talking again, “…you have five minutes - make it good.”

Five minutes?

That didn’t sound very long. I could be the center of attention for five minutes. “What do I have to do?” my words didn’t sound very convincing but Rose smiled.

“Remember Alice and the banana?” I nodded while she went on, “You be Alice, I’ll be me and Jane will be you. Be extra submissive, go with the flow, and whatever you do for God’s sake don’t gag.”

Taking a deep breath to calm myself, “Ok…where do I go?”

Rose told me to get on the floor in my waiting position, relax and follow her lead. I didn’t dare look around the room since my stomach was already doing flips and I wondered how the hell I got myself into this as Ron handed Rose the long phallic cup that contained the shots.

I decided if there was no way to get out of doing this I would man-up and give it all I had. Taking two steps away from the women I sunk down onto the floor as gracefully as I possibly could. Clasping my hands behind my back I could feel every eye on me and I worked hard at keeping my expression impassive while trying to focus on recognizing Edward’s gaze. Everyone else could melt away and I knew that I would be safe as long as he was here.

I don’t know what Rose and Jane were doing while I centered myself and my attention to a speck on the floor. A hand touched the top of my head and I was so happy I didn’t flinch that I had to work harder at not smiling. Jane kept her hand on my head as she circled around me until I could feel her slide her body down along my back.

Using both hands she slid them through my hair moving it back to expose my bare shoulders. Her hands then traced up my arms while she leaned close to me and whispered, “Don’t acknowledge this girl, follow Rose’s directions and let’s see how much money we can raise.”

Her head moved to my other shoulder where she skimmed her nose over the exposed skin while continuing to trace her fingers down the length of my arms. I could hear her soft whispers, “It’s all an act, play the part.”

I’m sure that to anyone looking on it would have appeared that we were having an intimate moment, but in all actuality it was anything but. My stomach seemed to settle even when Jane ghosted her lips along my jaw while she spoke softly against my skin. “The hardest part is sucking out the whip cream, once that’s gone, the liquor will slide right down your throat.”

Jane moved in closer to me while Rose stood to my left before making the circle around us. When she stopped Jane took my hair in her one hand and with the other tipped my chin up while speaking against the back of my neck, “When it’s all gone, don’t touch the holder, use your tongue to push it out.”

I still had no idea what Rose was doing; I was too focused on what Jane was saying to really care. Besides I figured if Jane and I were playing a part, Rose was probably doing the same thing and I had enough of my own problems to think about.

Ron’s voice sounded through the room, “Thirty seconds.”

I didn’t know what that meant but then someone shouted out, “Five Hundred!”

Ok…I guess this is the bidding part.

Jane traced the tips of her fingers down my throat and over the exposed skin of my chest when someone else yelled, “One Thousand for Fifteen!”

He wanted me to do this in fifteen seconds and he would pay a thousand dollars. Rose moved again and before she could get back to where she was someone yelled out, “Three Thousand for Ten!”

“That’s the one we want Bella,” Jane spoke against the line of my neck.

Rose tipped my chin as high as it would go with a stern clear voice she said, “Open.”

My mouth opened and I stretched my chin out to disengage my jaw allowing my throat to be completely unlocked. As the pliable obstruction filled my mouth I began using my tongue to work against the soft plastic. The muscles in my throat constricted around it until I felt something cold slipping down it. To keep from gagging, I needed to continuously swallow and as I did the motion added in the release of the thick cream. A few more swallows and I felt the liquid run down my throat. Once I knew it was empty my tongue automatically pushed the holder out of my mouth, where Rose grabbed it.

Jane was practically giddy and Rose had the biggest smile on her face I had ever seen as Ron announced, “Eight-point-three seconds.”

I could feel my face heat up as all I could think about was - who the hell knew that all those years of James force feeding me his cock would allow me to raise three thousand dollars for a worthy cause? The thought of it caused me to become even more self conscious and someone yelled, “And then she blushes!”

I couldn’t see who it was and frankly I didn’t care, because Edward was standing in front of me holding out his hand to help me up while Ron announced who to write the check out to. Edward took my face in his hands making me look into his dark eyes.

“You are an amazing creature Isabella, beautiful to watch, and you make me so very proud.”

I smiled at his words, “Thank you Master.”

“No my pet, thank you…” the force of his gaze made my belly tighten as moisture leaked through to my jeans, “…is your throat sore?”

“No sir.” It wasn’t and I told him why, “The holder was actually soft and rather small in comparison.”

“Comparison?”

“To you.” Edward chuckled at my words.

“You give me a gift and then you flatter me.” I didn’t understand what he meant by a gift and I didn’t have time to ask because he led me over to where everyone else was.

Edward picked up a bottle of water and brought it to my lips so I could have a drink, just as he pulled it away Ron and another man came over. Ron wanted to know how to list us on the board as the monthly winners. I didn’t exactly want my name up there and apparently neither did Edward because all three of us were listed under our Master’s name. While Ron walked away the other man finished talking with Emmett and turned towards Edward to shake his hand.

“I would have thought my money to be safe tonight. Caius assured me that your submissive was in no way trained enough for such a public display. I see that he was wrong and I will not make the same mistake in trusting his word so easily next time. Now if I may be so bold as to ask for an introduction to the woman who just had me write a three thousand dollar check?”

Edward didn’t do what he asked at first instead he placated, “In all honesty Demetri that only amounts to a thousand dollars each.”

Demetri played it off as if writing such a large check was nothing, “This is true, however I am well acquainted with the lovely Jane and Emmett’s Rosalie, but I have not had the pleasure of formally meeting your Isabella.”

Edward’s hand rested on my hip pulling me closer to him while the other one raised my chin, telling me to look at the man who stood in front of us, “Isabella meet Demetri.”

I finally looked up at the man; he was the same height as Edward, slightly broader through the shoulders and at least five years older. With very defined muscles that stood out against the tight blue t-shirt. His face was angular with shoulder length dark hair and the bad-boy scruff of whiskers that lined his jaw made him seem rugged. He was a very attractive man and as I looked at his face there was something in his eyes that was oddly familiar yet I was sure we had never met.

“Demetri is Felix’s brother.”

A short gasp of air filled my lungs as recognition took hold and a smile played on Demetri’s face.

“I see you have met my brother.” I remained quiet remembering that Edward told me to speak to no one and I felt kind ridiculous just staring but Edward solved that problem.

“Yes, we have run into him a few times.”

I guess it became pretty clear that I was not going to speak to him and when I lowered my eyes he cleared his throat, “Well I will let you all get back to your evening, I just wanted to say hello to the women who so easily parted me from my money, and to tell you that it was worth every penny.”

When he walked away Edward held a chair out for me to sit next to Rose and a few minutes later Aro joined our table. He placed a kiss on top of Rose’s head and then mine before Emmett made reference to our little show we had put on.

“You missed the fuck-ass hot scene they did!” I was surprised because I didn’t find anything about what was happening at all arousing. But again I had no idea what was happening with the other women, and I suppose to the on looker it was rather erotic.

“So I’ve heard, I’ll have to watch the video.”

Video?

Aro’s words caught me off guard and although I should have known, it never dawned on me that we were being filmed. Aro turned his attention to Edward and the two of them began talking quietly together. After a minute Jane was told to join them and Edward said he would be back shortly and that I was to listen to Emmett while he was gone.

Rose and I sat there talking, she asked how the plans for Leah’s shower were going and if I had packed for our trip yet. I noticed that we had gotten a few stares from people on the dance floor but no one else had approached us. I began to feel uncomfortable like there someone staring at me. Looking around I noticed that the blond haired man against the wall seemed to be very interested in what we were doing. When our eyes met, he winked at me and that’s when I realized he was Mike.

Rose followed my gaze and told Emmett, when he looked against the wall Mike quickly turned his attention back to the dance floor. “Ladies why don’t you go to the bathroom?”

Emmett’s suggestion sounded good until we actually started walking through the room, several people stared but Rose seemed oblivious to them. I didn’t need to pee and frankly with the corset I had on it would have been very impractical. The bottom came down to my hips and in order to pull down my pants it would have had to have been opened in the back. So while Rose went into the area where the stalls were I stayed out by the sinks.

A young woman with shoulder length curly hair came in and after taking one look at me she groaned, “Ohhh…Just fucking great. First I get my ass chewed out for something that wasn’t my fault and then I have to come face to face with the skanky ho herself.”

I was completely taken aback by the venom in her voice as well as the words. I had never even met this woman, who the fuck did she think she was? I went to open my mouth only to be reminded that Edward told me to speak to one. So instead I glared at her turning to wash my hands. Apparently she took my obedience for weakness because she continued with her disparaging remarks.

“You know I don’t know who you think you are, but I wish you would disappear. I mean I knew that Edward would never be exclusive with me but at least he would call me every now and then.” My eyes widened at her words but she just kept on talking, “That’s right, I fucked him more times than I can count.”

I could feel the anger building up inside me and I knew I had to get out of there or I was going to blow. As I moved to go past her, she grabbed my arm. “And now what do I have? I play third fiddle whenever it strikes them to invite me and you don’t even fucking care.”

Rose came out of the area where the stalls where and I wretched my arm out of her grasp. Edward told me I was only allowed to talk to the family so instead of addressing the person who pissed me off I spoke to a livid Rose.

“Would you please relay a message to this bitch that she had better never put her hands on me again, and I don’t care how many times she’s fucked my Master but I sure hope she has a good memory because she is never going to fuck him again. Tell her that it doesn’t matter if she is third, fourth, or fifth fiddle, her lot in life or place of prominence in someone’s bed has no bearing on me because she is right, I don’t fucking care!”

As I opened the door to leave the bathroom I heard Rose’s menacing voice, “What the fuck is the matter with you Jess?”

Standing outside the bathroom entrance I leaned up against the wall while waiting for Rose. Emmett had sent us off together so I assumed he wanted us to stay that way. But there was no way I was going to be able to stay in that room with –Rose called her -Jess. By the time Rose came out I had somewhat calmed down, but seeing her astonished face just pissed me off more.

Did she think I should have just taken that verbal abuse?

“Why didn’t you tell that ho off earlier?”

Oh, that was what the dazed looked on her face was from. I sighed and explained Edward’s rules for the night and my thinking on telling Jess off without really talking to her. To my surprise Rose laughed. “That was fucking classic Bella. I couldn’t figure out why you were asking me to tell her, but now I get it.”

She laughed again but really I didn’t think it was funny, I also hoped that when Edward heard about it he wouldn’t be too mad or think that I overstepped my boundaries. Then again I couldn’t imagine that he wouldn’t want me to stand up for myself either. I’m not these people’s doormat or someone they can kick around simply because they are having a bad day.

I’ve been there in my life, always taking the brunt of James’s discontent with his existence. Like it was my fault that he didn’t have a better job, or a nicer car, maybe he thought it was my fault or that I should be able to do something about it. I know he always brought up having more money but that wouldn’t have helped; he would have just found something else to be unhappy with me about.

Because he enjoyed making me miserable, he would take great pleasure in hurting me anyway he could. He was always trying to break me, break my spirit, my will and my fortitude. Anything that would keep me down so that he could feel important and better than someone, even if that person was only me, it would still elevate him in his own mind. The fact was I didn’t allow him to break me - he got close - I’ll give him that much – but he didn’t succeed. In fact, for all his attempts at shattering my life, the opposite occurred.

I lived through the worst he could give and I left him. I went on to fulfill my dream of college and a career that wouldn’t leave me dependant on him for basic necessities. I found fulfillment with my life in helping others find their way. I found a person to love who loves me back unconditionally. Someone who respects me with admiration in his eyes and who is such an amazing person that I can look at him the same way – No, I didn’t allow all of James’s attempts to bring me down and I certainly wouldn’t allow any of these people to do it either.

I was always afraid of what people thought about me and I never had enough confidence in myself, especially the first few years after I left James. I always second guessed myself and my abilities. Even in school where I found that I could excel, everything I did never seemed good enough. Always sitting in the back letting life pass me by, thinking that life was just one obstacle after another.

I never would have had the confidence in myself to do what I did tonight with Rose and Jane; and had Jess attacked me a month ago I would have tucked tail and ran. So where did this new found poise come from…and maybe even a better question is how long will it last?

I wasn’t really paying attention to my surroundings while having my own internal dialog so I was surprised to see a figure in front of us. “I must say that I was astounded by the little display that you put on ladies, especially you Isabella.”

I didn’t look up to see who it was, but I was pretty sure I knew, internally I cringed - externally I wasn’t going to let this person unnerve me.

“I see that your training is moving along and I am most impressed with your progress. Of course you were with Jane so it makes me wonder if perhaps Aro has had a hand in bringing you along?”

I didn’t give him the satisfaction of an answer instead I continued to watch the movement of his hands. Caius talked with his hands and that always makes me nervous because James use to do the same thing and more often than not his hands would turn into fists. Poise and self-confidence is one thing, a fist coming at you is something different.

Rose however took it upon herself to get us free from the pompous asshole, “We need to get back to our table, please allow us to pass.”

“I asked a question of Isabella, I expect an answer. Or perhaps I should refer your impertinence to your Master,” His hand moved up swiftly and it took everything in me to keep from flinching back, “hmmm…” he hummed, “…the question is who should I inform?”

What does he mean who should he inform?

“I’m wondering how long you’ve known Aro? Has he given you promises or perhaps cash gifts?”

Promises? Promises of what?

Cash gifts? Like I’m some kind of prostitute?

“Caius,” Emmett’s voice caused a calm to rush over me, “Is there a problem?”

“Actually Emmett there is. I asked Isabella a question and she refused to answer, I believe her rudeness should be punished.”

“What happens with Isabella is none of your concern. However, you can take it up with Edward, I’m sure he would be more than willing to talk to you about it. Rosalie, Isabella go back to the table.”

As we walked by Caius wasn’t yet done with his insults, “My, you sure do keep it all in the family don’t you. Family get togethers must be very interesting.” My mouth dropped as my feet stopped, I couldn’t believe what he just said.

“I don’t like what you are implying and I would suggest you shut your mouth!” Jovial Emmett who normally had the disposition of a teddy bear had just turned into a ferocious grizzly.

“Is there a problem here Mr. Cullen?” the Mike guy came over to assist but something told me that Emmett didn’t need any assisting he did however glare at Rose and me.

“I said get to the table. Now!” Rose grabbed my arm moving us quickly along.

Once we were sitting I didn’t even bother to look over in the direction we had just come from, Rose on the other hand was giving me a play-by-play up to the point where Emmett and Caius went into the back room where the offices were.

I tried to calm down because honestly I didn’t do anything wrong, but when Roses phone chirped a feeling of dread came over me. “They want us to come back there.”

Aro’s office was tucked in behind the stage area. The front part was just a simple office area with a desk and file cabinets. Rose knocked on the door and waited until it was opened for us to come in.

The room was not at all what I had expected. There were no windows and the majority of the room was taken up by a large wooden desk where Edward was perched on one corner. Aro sat in the black leather chair behind the desk with Jane dutifully kneeling by his side. Caius was standing to the left of the desk and Jess was sitting on one of the chairs directly in front of it.

I really didn’t get a chance to look around, once I entered the room I immediately presented myself to Edward. Standing there quietly with my eyes down I could feel his gaze on me and I knew that he would be addressing me so the sound of his voice did not startle me.

“Isabella,” as Edward said my name he gave me the signal to look at him, when our eyes met he went on, “Caius has told me that he spoke with you.”

“Yes Sir.”

He nodded, “He said that he asked you a question.”

“Yes Sir.” Edward tilted his head slightly but held my stare.

“He also said that you refused to answer him, even after he repeatedly asked you for a reply. Is that true?”

“Yes Sir.” Edward sighed giving the signal to lower my eyes which I immediately complied to.

“Well Caius, I’m sorry if you were offended by Isabella’s actions, but she did exactly as I had instructed her to do. She was told not to speak to anyone outside of family members…”

“She spoke to me…rudely!”

Fucking Bitch

“Let me handle one complaint at a time please.” Edward pressed and I know it sound’s childish but I had a sudden desire to turn around and stick my tongue out at her.

“Caius I had asked you before not to speak to Isabella, I find it underhanded that you would wait to attack her when I was not there. So since we are all here, I will make an exception tonight and allow Isabella to answer your questions. So ask away.”

Caius didn’t sound happy as he tried to defend himself, “I did not attack her.”

“Did you feel attacked Ms Swan?” Aro asked and I answered, “Yes Sir.”

“How so?” at the sound of Caius’s voice I remained quiet completely ignoring his question making him huff in frustration. Although I don’t know why he was surprised by my silence or maybe he was trying to trip me up and was annoyed it didn’t work. Either way it made me feel pretty damn powerful and I had to work hard to keep the smugness off my face.

“Tell me how Ms Swan.”

My attention went back to Aro, “He stopped us on the way back from the bathroom …” my story was interrupted by Jess’s nagging voice. “Where she was rude to me.”

Although I was not a violent person I wanted to slap her so badly but Edward put a stop to her incisive whining, “We will get to you later…continue.”

I knew he was talking to me so I started talking again telling them all of the conversation that I could remember. The insults, the accusations, and the reference to me being a prostitute, which didn’t seem to go over well with the men in the room, when I was done Aro stood.

“Caius my personal business is just that. Mine. If you have questions about anything pertaining to it I would appreciate it if you address them to me. Now Edward has given you a chance to ask Ms. Swan anything you wish to know, if you have nothing to ask I would suggest that you not bother her anymore or I will be forced to impose sanctions upon you. I must say that we have known each other for many years and that is not something I wish to do, so please do not force my hand on the matter. Do you have any questions for Ms Swan?”

Aro’s words were forceful yet courteous, he meant business without losing his temper and that was why he has always been a man who deserved the respect he received. Caius certainly didn’t have any questions he wanted to ask me in front of him so he gave a resounding ‘No’ and left very unsatisfied.

Aro then turned his attention to the other problem in the room, “Now Miss Jessica, I believe yours is a personal problem that has nothing to do with me, that is unless you also would like to inquire of my business.”

“N…No Sir,” she shuddered over the words.

Aro sighed, “Then I will take my leave. Edward please feel free to use my office as long as necessary. Jane.” At the sound of her name she got up and followed him shutting the door as they left.

Edward stood from where he was leaning on the desk, “Isabella did you speak to Jessica?”

“No Master.” Damn straight I called him Master and he was mine.

“Liar!” she accused loudly.

“Isabella look at me…” my eyes met his and he stared like he was looking for something. “Jessica what is it that was said?”

Edward held my gaze while she talked of course she embellished a lot leaving out how she started it and the part where she grabbed my arm. Her biggest complaint was that I called her a bitch, threatened her, and said I didn’t care about her.

When she was done and seemingly satisfied with her story Edward raised an eyebrow, “are you telling me that Jessica is making all that up?”

“No Master.” I could see the anger roll across his face.

“Then you did speak with her,” it wasn’t a question it was an accusation given with a very harsh tone.

“No Master.”

He looked at me in total confusion, “Isabella I would suggest that you explain yourself. How is it that you can stand there claiming to be innocent yet she’s telling the truth? ”

“Master,” I took a deep breath so my words came out correctly, “your girl did say those things…” Edward’s pursed his lips and I figured I better explain quickly. “…however, she was speaking to Rosalie, it is not your girls fault if Jessica was eavesdropping on our private conversation.”

Edward’s mouth dropped like he couldn’t believe me capable of such a thing, “That screams of semantics Isabella”

I kept my mouth shut, he could call it anything he wants in my mind, I had remained obedient.

“Yes semantics,” the snide remark from Jessica just added to my anger and I wondered if she even knew what the word meant. Edward gave her a stern look in warning and I didn’t like it one bit. That was my look and I could feel the tears filling my eyes.

She apparently thought differently because she whined, “She called me a bitch Edward.”

I hated that she called him by name or the possessive tone she used, it was like a slap in my face and the tears that I had been fighting became harder to hold in. I just wanted to get out of there, I wanted to do home and go to sleep and forget that the night ever happened.

“Jess you can go back out to Mike, tell him that if he has a problem with what happened I’ll be here another fifteen minutes so he can come talk to me on his break,” Edward never took his eyes off me while he spoke or when Jessica got up in a huff.

“Don’t worry Edward I will!” at least her tone went from possessive to indignant as she said his name.

“She’s with Newton?” Rose asked when the door slammed, “Damn I thought he had better taste.”

Did I mention how much I loved Rose?

“Apparently …” Edward said pulling a paper out of his pocket to look at it, “she’s been signing in under his name for the past few weeks, although it only showed up this week because the book has been altered to look like it was under someone else.”

There was a sadness in his eyes while he spoke to me, “Which is why I needed to come tonight”

Emmett came over to see what Edward was talking about while Rose stood next to me. I still had not moved and remained quiet while they discussed how the names had been erased, but it was still clear that the sign-in book was indeed changed.

Rose yawned and Emmett said that they were going home; Edward told him he was going to stay ten more minutes to see if Mike came to (as he put it) ‘have anything he wished to say to him.’ As soon as they left Edward looked to me holding his hand out. “Come here.”

The tears filled my eyes again as he wrapped me up in his arms tucking my head against his shoulder. Edward reached around me to get a tissue and when he did I finally took in the rest of the room. There was some art work on the wall but what caught my eye was the picture that hung by the door. It was the first time since I had entered the room that I smiled and Edward noticed, giving me a questioning look.

“Your girl gave them that.”

“You did?” I nodded

“Yes a few years ago for Christmas. Leah took it, we had to wait until the sun started going down to get the right effect. We sat across the street for over an hour while she took the pictures from all different angles.” Sighing because at the time I sent it, I second guessed myself thinking that maybe it was cliché or a silly gift. Leah assured me that they would love it and practically forced me to send it. It reminded me that I hadn’t talked to her in a few days, that was unusual and I kind of felt bad about it.

Edward came up behind me wrapping me in a hug, “I’ve given him enough time, let’s go”

Following Edward through the club I listened as he said good-bye to a few people and wondered why we weren’t heading towards the exit. It seemed like he was leading me in the opposite direction, until he finally stopped.

“Mike I trust that you have no problem with the way I handled the situation between Isabella and Jessicia?”

I could see Mike fidget on the stool he was sitting on, “Jess? No…why do I care about her? Was…there a problem?”

“She didn’t tell you about the altercation in the restroom?” Getting right to the point I guessed that Edward was trying to gage Mike’s reaction.

He kind of huffed and I couldn’t tell if it was in frustration or disgust, “I...I have nothing to do with Jess …”

Edward interrupted him asking, “Are you sure? She signed in under your name.”

“Ohhh…” Mike sighed then seemed to calm like he now understood what Edward was talking about, “she asked if I wouldn’t mind, since you wouldn’t allow her to,” I knew that line was meant to hurt me. “…so I said it was ok.”

“I never signed Jess in, ever.” Edward stressed the ever for my benefit I was sure of it. “And if you allow her to sign in then you are required to take responsibility for her actions. I would suggest you keep a better eye on her or no longer give her the privilege.”

“I’ll take that under advisement,” it was clear that Mike didn’t like being told what to do, but he really didn’t have any alterative because Edward was only stating the rules which Mike was well aware of.

“Come Isabella,” Edward led us straight out the exit and I was never so happy to see the gloom of the rainy Seattle night as I was at that moment.

After getting into the car Edward turned in his seat cupping the side of my face with his hand, I closed my eyes letting my head lean into his touch. His soft voice caused my eyes flutter open only to see the warmth of his green eyes.

“Are you alright?”

Was I alright? Was I going to let some jealous self-absorbed little tramp make me second guess my life or Edward’s love for me? Or allow the pompous ass to frighten and belittle me so he could use that to get what he wants? Did I want to go back to standing in the back ground watching life go on around me, or was I willing to fight for what makes me happy? Edward’s eyes were searching my face waiting for my answer.

“Your girl is fine, she is just very tired,” and I was physically and mentally exhausted, I had none enough fighting for one night. I had won the battle but something told me the war wasn’t over.

No comments: