Mine

Mine
A riding crop and a blindfold doesn't make it BDSM. There is a big difference between being kinky and being in the scene. It's not a sexual thing to me, it's a very spiritual thing. ~ DominaBlue

3/24/11

Chapter 42

EPOV

Bella’s fingers ran over the planes of my chest combing her nails through the hair. I wasn’t completely awake but the rippling waves of tingles her touch created caused me to become more alert. In an attempt to stay in a semi-sleep state my arms tightened around her as I rolled to my side. That position only served to bring her body in full contact with mine.

I knew that sleep was going to be out of the question when Bella hoisted her leg over my hip and began to place small kisses along the line of my neck. Bringing back filtering thoughts of the previous night making my dick harder than it already was.

Bella had gone upstairs to put away the stuff she had brought from her house while I put away the groceries, grimacing at the cans of SpaghettiO’s . I had checked the nutrition value on the label; they really are not as bad as I thought. Other than being high in salt content I suppose in a pinch they could pass for real food.

When she came back down Bella had changed into a soft yellow night shirt that fit snugly against her body with a small grey ruffle trim along the bottom. While she worked on chopping tomatos for the salad I couldn’t keep my eyes off her. Every time she brought the knife down her breasts would bounce, and I didn’t think it was that cold but her nipples sure did. They were hard as rocks pointing through the material of her shirt like beacons calling me to touch them.

To make matters worse in my groin area but better for my eyes The Best of You came on iHome and Bella started swaying her hips while she sang. I couldn’t leave my station by the stove because the sausage and peppers were almost done and needed to be constantly stirred, so I was forced to stand there watching her little one woman show.

A piece of tomato fell to the floor but instead of squatting down Bella bent from the waist, causing the back of her nighty to rise up over her thighs showing me the ruffled yellow thong she had on. The groan left my mouth without consent while my dick pressed painfully against my pants.

The giggle that came from Bella gave away her intentions, my girl was fucking teasing me – again.

A hand landed on her ass before it registered in my mind what I was doing, Bella gasped standing to give me a shy smile. “What did you do that for?”

I raised my eyebrows in disbelief. “If you stick that in front of me you know damn well what’s going to happen.”

“Oh yeah? “ Bella looked up at me through her lashes taking a few steps back out of my reach dropping the tomato she had just picked up, “Oops”

When she bent down the move was so exaggerated that the whole bottom of her nighty rose up over her cheeks which she shook at me while looking over her shoulder. I’m not sure if my feet propelled me forward or my dick either way as I stepped Bella stood up, taking a step away from me.

“Where are you going?” my hand was out in front of me bidding her to take it. “Come here my Bella.”

Her chin dropped ever so slightly pulling her lip between her teeth while looking innocently through her eye lashes, “ahhh…no, that’s ok, I’ll stay here.”

I stepped closer as she moved a step back. “Bella?....”

“Edward?” She mocked my tone adding a giggle.

“Alright, have it your way.” I could tell she wasn’t going to come any closer to me, so I figured I would bide my time opting to turn my attention back to the sausage in the pan.

Bella sundered around the kitchen always staying out of my reach unless I was unable to catch her due to having full hands. Like when I was draining the pasta, then she was brave running her hand down my back, patting my ass. I grinned at her giggle looking over my shoulder. “Keep it up…pay backs are a bitch.”

“I don’t know what you are referring to,” she said with a grin.

Once everything was done I put the tray with the sausage covered pasta on the table then went to the refrigerator to get the wine. Bella ducked under my arm sliding her back along my chest as she reached in to get the chunk of parmesan.

“Alright that’s it!” Taking ahold of her waist I spun us around listening to her giggle while I set her on the counter. Stepping between her legs my arms wrapped around her back while I asked, “what exactly are you trying to do?”

Bella got that soft innocent look in her eyes. “Ummm…I had to get the cheese,” she offered holding the wrapped hunk up for me to observe.

“I see that,” I told her while pulling her center closer to me. “And tell me what else you are attempting to accomplish.”

Her fingers ran through the hair on the back of my neck sending tingles through me. “Well, a kiss would be nice.” Her voice was soft and hushed as her words washed over my skin, I sighed from the building tension.

“All that pussy-footing around for a kiss?” Bella’s lip was back between her teeth as she nodded in agreement, “Mm hmm.”

Our lips met in a soft kiss which became progressively harder; as our breathing was getting heavier I had to force myself away from her. She has a way about her that completely unravels me; time, space, and reality all seem to come to a halt when I’m with her. With our foreheads pressed together I sighed, “Ah my Bella, the things you do to me.”

“What do I do to you?”

“Well you do this.” I thrust my crotch against hers so she knew what I was talking about and the little tease wiggled against me wrapping her feet behind me to pull us closer together. The growl left my throat making her giggle.

My hand moved along the length of her arm until it reached her wrist, then taking it off my neck I brought it to lay on my chest over my heart, “And you do this,” her eyes scrunched together, “you make my heart beat Bella.”

“And you do this,” I brought her hand up to my face and smiled placing a kiss on her palm. “Even though you’ve been teasing me,” her eyes rose in mock surprise, “you make me so very happy.”

Bella smiled at my words, “I wasn’t teasing you.”

I gasped letting go of her hand and took a large step back, the confusion on her face was comical and I smirked holding my hands up in defeat. “I’m just stepping out of the way before the lighting strikes.”

Bella’s head tilted and she giggled as the blush crept across her face. I held my hand out for her to help her off the counter. “Come on, the food is getting cold.”

After dinner was done we sat in living room with the fireplace on watching the second movie she had gotten the night before. The Hangover, it was funny and we laughed together while we lay on the couch. When it was over Bella stretched her body out against mine moving her muscles over me. I thought about that piece of cake that was still in the fridge. So while she put the movie away I went to get it along with two forks.

Coming back in the room, Bella had put the blanket on the floor and was laying there on her stomach with her feet in the air. The back of her nighty was up over her bottom allowing me to fully appreciate the ruffled thong she was wearing. It rounded her hips and the three layers of lacy ruffles lay snugly against the planes of her bottom.

I wasn’t sure what was going on in that mind of hers, but I joined Bella on the floor handing her a fork. The moans that escaped her lips were over the top and each one sent impulses to my dick. “This cake is sooooo gooood…mmmmm.”

Bella sat up to straddle my lap while her hands moved to remove my shirt. She sat there for a second staring at my chest and I remembered the writing she had done. Her lips touched mine ever so softly before moving down my neck then dipping to place a kiss on the words. When her eyes met mine again they were filled with emotion.

“I love you.” Her words were soft and I would have kissed her except she brought her finger up to my lips spreading some of the dark frosting on them which she then smiled at before licking off. Her mouth was warm and her tongue soft.

I removed her nighty laying her back on the floor and discovered why her nipples were so taut. “Oh, you naughty girl putting on the bands to tease me.”

Bella giggled, “I wanted to practice.”

Yeah she wanted to practice…practice driving me insane!

My fingers dipped into the small glob of icing that was left, circling it around the band which I then licked off. When I brought the cake home I had thought about us licking it off each other and by the time Bella had gotten a few swipes on my dick the icing was gone. She took one last swirl with her tongue around the head. Quickly plunging her mouth down my shaft only to slowly slide back up releasing my dick me with a pop.

There was a gleam in her eyes while she knelt between my legs her face just inches from mine. “All out of chocolate,” she explained holding her empty hands out, and then taking the plate she stood to move into the kitchen.

It took a second for my lust filled mind to comprehend her words with the actions. She was fucking teasing me…again, and this time she was winning. I was still sitting there waiting while Bella came in, leaned over at the waist and picked up her nighty. I think I must have been in some kind of daze because all I could do was watch.

“Are you coming up soon?”

What?

The words brought me out of my stupor and when I looked up at her face there was nothing but smugness. I didn’t even think about what I was doing, I shot up to my feet so fast I was slightly dizzy, Bella squealed and ran for the steps. I caught her half way up twisting her around and slinging her over my shoulder.

“Am I coming up soon?” I swatted her bottom making her squeal and giggle more.

“Edward!” her protest fell on deaf ears.

“I don’t know my Bella, am I coming up?” I swatted her again pushing open the door to my room.

“Tease,” I told her throwing her on the middle of the bed grabbing her feet before she could get away I spun her around to swat her bottom.

“Oh! Edward! I’m sorry!” she laughed.

I swatted the other cheek. “You don’t sound very sorry, sounds to me like you found it funny.”

She was giggling while she squirmed over the silky comforter.

My hand came down on her ass again, “admit you thought it was funny.”

“Ohhh,” she moaned through a giggle while I swatted her again.

“Ok...ok,” she laughed while my hand once more made contact. “Oh! Edward…it was funny,” she laughed out the words. “You should have seen your face.”

My hand came down yet again, “Owe! That one smarted,” she complained but still giggled.

Satisfied that she admitted her intentions I laid down next to Bella chuckling. She was still giggling when she straddled my hips, making me grin as I looked into her face that was alight with amusement. Amusement at my expense, but it didn’t matter because a second later Bella was sliding those ruffled thongs off her legs and riding Little Eddie until we both found our release.

Now there she was again kissing the length of my neck. “Are you trying to tease me again?”

“No Sir...I mean nothing but business.” Bella’s lips moved to mine and shifted my weight so she was underneath me.

My own lips ran down the length of her neck while my hips maneuvered between her thighs parting them. I watched Bella’s eyes close in satisfaction as I entered her, and then waited until she met my gaze to start moving. “I love you, even though you tease me.”

Bella smiled warmly as her hand cupped my face, “I love you too…mmm…and it’s only teasing …if you don’t follow through.” My lips were on hers again and with slow steady movements we stared into each other’s eyes while we followed through.

We showered together and while she was in the bedroom drying her hair I shaved at the sink. I had just lathered my face when my phone rang. “Babe can you get that?” I called out to Bella and then listened to see who would be calling before eight in the morning.

“Good Morning Sir.”

Sir?

Aro

“Am I to assume that you have not called to talk to me, but to my Edward?” Bella snickered then laughed. “No Sir, I am much better” … “Really? I will make it a point to call her” … “hmmm, maybe Monday if that is alright with you?”

I wiped the excess lather of my face before going to retrieve my phone. Bella watched me walk while she spoke with a smile on her face. “Yes Sir...you have a good day, here’s Edward,” she handed me the phone.

“Good Morning.”

“Hello Edward, Isabella sounds more like herself than the last time we spoke.”

I tried to think when that would have been. The last time we saw him was Sunday night at the club and she was upset about the caning or rather the sound of it. This reminded me of the fact that Bella still has not given me a definite answer on that subject, I was going to have to press the issue.

“Yeah, it’s been an eventful week.” That was an understatement but I still smiled while watching Bella take a bra and panties from her dresser. I don’t know why but a watching her going through her own dresser in my room brought me a sense of peace, a feeling of completeness. Aro’s next words surprised me.

“So I gathered from the talk she had with Jane. I’m glad she feels better…” Bella dropped the towel from around her body and all other thoughts left my mind. I had to force myself to look away so I could concentrate on what Aro was saying.

“Anyway, to get to the reason why I’m calling. I had hoped you would have some time today to come by the club and perform an accurate inventory of the alcohol we have in stock. ”

“Ah…it would have to be in the morning…give me a second.”

Bella was slipping on her shoes when I asked her what time she had to leave. Once she told me, Seth followed her out the door while I told Aro that I would be there around nine-thirty but I had to leave by noon. He surprised me by saying that he would meet me there; I normally do the inventory by myself, but I thought perhaps there was something else he needed to get done. We said our goodbyes and hung up.

While I dressed I thought about what Aro had said. I wasn’t aware that Bella had called Jane, not that it mattered but I wanted to make sure she had recorded the conversation in her journal. Then I wondered again why Aro wanted to do a count. I knew that on Sunday there was a discrepancy but I thought he had chalked it up to simple human error.

Downstairs Bella was just sitting down with her coffee and bagel when I walked in the kitchen.

“Hey,” her smile never failed to make me happy, “are you going into the club?”

“Just for a little while to do some inventory, I’ll be home this afternoon for the security company,” I told her getting my own coffee and cereal; making me think about what Aro had said. “You didn’t tell me you talked to Jane this week,” the spoon filled with jam stopped halfway to her bagel.

“I didn’t think about it really. Did you want me to…I mean…” she looked down at the table and then to her purse on the corner. “…I thought you only wanted me to write it in the journal?”

“No…as long as you recorded it, then that’s fine.” I assured her before taking a drink of coffee.

“Do you want to see it now?”

“No…Bella you can have friends and someone to talk to, I don’t require you to write just to be nosey.”

She set down her cup looking at me with pursed lips. “I know that…” Bella’s eyes met mine she had a small sad smile that I didn’t understand on her face. “I called her Wednesday…afternoon,” she spoke as if admitting some terrible crime, but I didn’t say anything instead taking a drink while waiting for her to finish.

“I didn’t understand why you didn’t want to have our usual on Wednesday and I felt like it was a rejection of me…But Jane said that those things happen where a couple just needs time to relax and be themselves,” she shrugged. “That was the jist of the conversation.”

I knew that it was important for her to have a woman to talk to but I still wondered, “If you felt rejected, why didn’t you talk to me?”

Bella searched my face then narrowed her eyes, “Because you had your head up your ass.”

I laughed agreeing with her, “I did...” She still held a strange expression that looked almost pained. “What is it?”

“I was just wondering if we would be doing our usual tonight and how the rest of the weekend was going to work?”

I understood what she was asking, so I answered the first part of her concern. “Yes we will be going into the playroom tonight, unless you feel you’re not ready.”

“I’m ready,” Bella answered me immediately making me grin at the eagerness while I asked her.

“How do you want to handle the rest of the weekend?” I figured since according to the writing on my chest we were in this together and going to be around her friends she should make the decision.

“Couldn’t we modify?” That was the answer I was hoping for but she needed to be aware of the connotations that went along with that.

“Are you going to be comfortable with that decision around all your friends and the other people?”

Bella thought about it then told me with certainty that she would and that was the way she wanted to conduct our relationship. She got up to refill her coffee taking mine along and when she sat back down I could tell there was something else on her mind. I thought maybe she might have had a change of heart so I was surprised by her question.

“Edward what did your mom go to school for?” I hesitated before answering

“Umm…social work.”

“Really?” my eyes narrowed at Bella’s reaction, “what kind?”

I didn’t understand her question and she must have seen that because she clarified, “I mean… was her concentration on children, women, or families in general?”

“I believe it was with children and youth, but she never actually got out into the work force…”

Bella cut into my explanation, “Why not?”

That was an easy answer. “She married my dad right after school and Emmett was born within that first year so she stayed home with us,” picking up my cup I added, “it’s not like she had to work or anything.”

Bella got that curious look on her face that made me ask, “Why?”

“Well I was wondering why she wanted to work at the center and Carol said something about your mom having a background, so I just wondered…but if she never actually worked, I don’t know what kind of background she would have.”

“Mom has been involved with Catholic Charities for years.”

“Are you Catholic?” She said the word like it was dirty or something making me grin.

“We were raised Catholic, we went to Mass every Sunday. I was baptized and confirmed so I think that makes me Catholic.”

“Huh”

That was all I got, but then I was curious. “You never went to church?”

“Ummm…when I was still with my mom she had …well you have to understand my mother. She was flighty and would get involved with one activity after another. For a while it was church…I believe it was Southern Baptist or something like that. Hand clapping and yelling Hallelujah’s but that didn’t last long. When I moved with Charlie, we didn’t go to church. On the reservation they have their own brand of religion; it was more of respecting the things in nature then the deity itself.”

After Bella was done explaining she asked, “but you don’t practice …” I cut her off before she could finish.

“No, I’m a twice a year Catholic, Christmas and Easter. Alice takes the kids sometimes and both she and Emmett were married in the church. I suppose my mother is holding out for me to follow and then hoping that once I have children…” I stopped talking because I could see the pain in her face and I wondered what that was from.

“What’s the matter?” I asked her reaching to take a hold of her hand, needing to touch her because her eyes looked so sad.

“You are going to have to find someone else to make your mother’s dream come true.” The detactment in her voice was too much to bare and though she was only two feet away from me I couldn’t stand the distance any longer.

“Come here,” I pulled her into my lap tucking her head into the crook of my neck. “Bella I would rather have one day with you then sire twenty children.”

“You say that now…” the words were spoken against my skin, “eventually…”

“I can’t worry about eventually. Besides you don’t know for sure.” Bella’s head was shaking back and forth against my shoulder. I needed her to understand that having my own children was of little interest to me as long as I had her.

“Bella honestly, it doesn’t matter and if we ever feel the need we can adopt a dozen of them, hell we’ll buy them if we have to.” Her head popped up to gaze in my eyes.

“Do you have that much money? I hear they are awfully expensive.” I grinned tucking a lock of hair behind her ear.

“We will start saving now, put a little jar on the counter marked ‘baby fund’” Bella giggled and then tears formed in her eyes.

“You really love me.”

I smiled taking her hand to place it over my heart where our names were written, “Haven’t you figured that out?”

Bella smiled then kissed me gently, “I love you too.”

She snuggled back into my arms and we sat there quietly for a few minutes until I broke the silence, “you are going to be late,” I told her with a kiss to her head.

Bella tidied up the kitchen while I put on my shoes and let Seth out one more time. When the dog came back in he looked at the leash hanging by the door. “I know boy, maybe we will go for a quick run later.”

Picking up Bella’s tote I followed her out to the car wrapping my arms around her for one more hug and a kiss before she shut the door and drove away. I got to the club a little after nine-thirty, Aro was already there and surprisingly Jane was with him. Normally when he comes in early she will stay home to keep the schedule that he has set for her. Aro had papers all over his desk and was printing more when I came into his office.

“Edward, thank you for coming in,” Aro greeted while Jane added a hello.

“What’s all this?” I asked him glancing at the stacks of papers while he motioned for me to sit down and Jane brought over what was just printed. “Master there is one more to print.”

“Thank you Jane,” he said glancing at the papers and then turned his attention to me. “After we spoke on Sunday night I went back over the inventory since the beginning of the year. There seems to an escalating problem. It started out with a lost bottle or two each week and now there is ten to twelve bottles unaccounted for each week. I’ve calculated a loss of a hundred and sixteen bottles.” He handed me the sheets that contained his calculations. Some were bottles of wine others were expensive brandy and high end liquor, either way it a loss.

“That is not to account for other items that would be missing from the general inventory…”

I spoke before he finished, “who is signing for the bottles out of storage?” All alcohol is kept locked in the basement storage. There are only four people who have access to it, Aro, Emmett, Laurent or myself.

“To be accurate Edward, the problem is arising - at least I believe that it is, in the bar area. I would hate to think that Laurent has been pilfering, although I am not happy that any of my employees would do that.”

“So what’s your plan?” If he knows there is a problem he must have some idea how to fix it.

“Well at the moment we are going to keep a much tighter chain of command. Also, I want a count done before each shift and after. That bartender will be held responsible for any loss. That’s why I want you to take a complete inventory and then if you could come back in Monday to recount, that would be a big help.”

I agreed to that then Aro went on to say, “I believe that if culprit knows that we are aware of the loss the problem might resolve itself. However, I also believe that we should look into getting the inventory software that you have been talking about. So if you have time after going over everything, I would appreciate you sitting down with Jane to get that ordered.”

He was right; I have been telling him to get one. He thought I only suggested it to make it easier on myself and in a sense it would be easier. But I was thinking that these kinds of problems could be avoided with a tighter security. The computer system was already installed, it was just a matter of picking out the right program and then letting the company come and intall it and train the users.

“In the mean time Edward, I have changed the locks on the storage area, so here is your new one.” As he handed me the key, a thought came to my mind.

“What about deliveries?” He sat back in the chair laying his entwined hands across his chest and smiled. The way my uncle was looking at me I knew what he had in mind. “You want me to do it?”

“Yes, if you wouldn’t mind.” I thought about it, at the most I would only have to be here every other Thursday.

“I’ll do it for the summer.”

“Good,” a satisfied grin crossed his face. I knew what he was so happy about; it was one more thing that I would be responsible for.

Jane handed each of us a paper that contained the current inventory, as I stood to get started Aro joined me, making me look him in wonder. “I know that you are on a time constraints, so Jane and I are going to help you. What would you like me to do?”

Aro went to do the bar areas while Jane and I moved down into the stock room. As we were counting there didn’t seem to be anything out of the ordinary. We were halfway through when Jane picked up a bottle of Jagermister.

“Edward, why does this seal look funny?” It did look funny; the ends of the paper didn’t match up. When I looked closer you could tell that the cap had been opened, yet the bottle was full. Opening it up, the alcohol had been replaced with what looked like dark tea.

“Oh Shit Jane! We are going to have to start all over and inspect each bottle for signs of tampering.”

“Why would someone do that?” Jane was wondering aloud but I answered.

“It would keep the count correct but they could still have the contents. The question I have is, what they are doing with it all? I mean over a hundred bottles, that’s a lot of alcohol.”

As we went through each bottle we discovered nine more had been tampered with; and after finding the third one we realized that the bottles had been marked with a small ‘s’ in the top right corner of the labels. I wasn’t exactly sure what to do with them.

Clearly someone had gained access to the storage area, either by legitimate means such as with a key or they had figured out a way to break in. The most apparent suspect would be Laurent, but that seemed a little too obvious.

Aro had joined us to inform us that all was accounted for in the bar areas, to say that he was not happy about our findings would have been an understatement. He agreed with my assessment of Laurent but decided that, for now, it would be best to limit his access to the storage. He also decided that the defective bottles should be removed. That way, if someone was gaining access to the storage area they would know that their scheme has been discovered, and also he didn’t want to serve any of it by accident.

By the time we got back upstairs I had half an hour to show Jane the various programs that were available. Pointing out the two that I thought would work the best. Both of them scanned the UPC codes and needed a personal ID number to access. It would provide more security and limit the number of people who have access. I told her to print out the information and then contact the company directly. They would be able to answer any questions as well as giving a live demonstration of their product.

It was a few minutes after twelve and I needed to get home. As I told Aro good-bye Jane spoke up, “Master?”

Aro sighed looking at me then back to Jane keeping his eyes on her while he spoke. “Edward, if you would indulge your aunt there is a book that she would like you to give Isabella to read.”

I shrugged, “Ok.”

While Jane left the room Aro asked if I was planning to come to the club this weekend. I told him no, adding that we would be busy with all the things Bella had to do. Jane was back, and in her hand was a black paperback book. As she handed it to me I looked at the title then back to Aro, “Everything You Need To Know About Men...You Can Learn From Dogs?”

Aro grinned, “I assure you it is not male bashing. In all honesty it is a humorous look at the male psyche. Jane thought Isabella would enjoy it because of her profession.”

“Have you read this?” I asked in amazement.

“I have…it’s enlightening,” he was still grinning.

“Alright, I’ll give it to her.” I said checking my watch. There was something else I wanted to give Bella, but I wasn’t going to have time to stop so I would have to do it by phone or perhaps find time tomorrow. With the book in my hand I left after bidding them a good weekend, saying I would see them on Monday.

I had just enough time to let the dog out and get something to eat before the security company was there. The two men walked from room to room hooking up alarms to every window and door that I had. When I took them downstairs I received the customary all knowing grin that every male gives at the thought of what happens in the playroom.

While they were working on securing the cellar door I made sure that everything was ready for later. I had set up the room for last week, thinking we would have time to play but in reality we had not been down here in a week. I was excited and judging by the way Bella responded this morning she was too. I set the timer for the audio equipment, placed the things from the cabinet on the table.

Once the installation was complete downstairs the last thing that needed to be wired was the outdoor cameras. I had decided on three, one on the garage, one on the front of the house, and one in the rear that would look out into the side yard. The cameras were small and had a sensor in them that would only record when movement triggered them.

The whole system ran from the main panel by the front door with and auxiliary panel in the kitchen. I didn’t realize how late it had become until Bella pulled up while I was being shown how to work the unit. Both men watched as she came through the door and into my arms. I could see them eyeing up her form and staring at her ass with lecherous eyes while we greeted each other.

“Hi baby,” I told her placing a kiss on her head.

“Hi. How is it going?” she glanced behind her to look at the unit.

“They are almost done,” I said with a stern voice, “why don’t you go into the kitchen, I’ll be right there.” Bella looked at me suspiciously but did as I asked.

Glaring at both men while they eye fucked her I was getting pissed. I’m not adverse to others admiring what is mine or wishing they could have her; but what these two were doing was rude and intolerable, especially in her own home.

“Excuse me; I believe the panel is on the wall not my woman’s ass!”

Both men quickly brought their attention back to their work and at least had the decency to look embarrassed. It took a few more minutes of stuttering words to get finished, I signed the work order took the pamphlet that explain what I was just told and they left.

Bella was wrapping some potatoes in foil when I met her in the kitchen. I wrapped her in a hug placing a proper kiss on her lips. She looked up at me kind of dazed, “Hi.”

“Hi, yourself.”

Bella smiled then narrowed her eyes, “the men were being rude,” she wasn’t asking because she already knew the answer.

“Yes, they were,” I agreed, while Bella turned to finish what she was doing I asked conversationally, “How was your day?”

She became slightly excited, “Actually I had a great day,” she picked up the book I had left on the counter eyeing the title. “What is this?”

“That is from Jane,” I hesitated a second and then added, “I don’t know if I want you reading a book that tells you what kind of dog I am.”

“Oh yeah, Jane told me she sent it,” Bella giggled.

I was taken aback because I didn’t know that Bella and my aunt were on a semi-daily phone exchange. She must have seen my surprise because she wasted no time in explaining.

“When I was talking to Aro this morning, he told me that you would be at the club on Monday and Jane had requested that we have lunch. But he said I should call her in the afternoon to make sure. When I did she told me about the book and said that yes you would be busy Monday and we could go out.”

I smirked because Aro had already known that I would come in and help him. Bella looked up at me, “Is something funny?”

I shook my head, “No, not really,” then added, “just make sure you put your lunch on the calendar.”

Bella got a little smug, “I already did, along with the start times for the weekend. Now if you will excuse me, I’m going up to my room.”

Oh yeah. She was more than a little smug, and part of me hoped she carried some of that feistiness down into the playroom. Before she left the room I called out to her, “Bella.”

She turned to look at me. “I would like your hair pulled back out of your face, but left loose in the back and you are to wear only a robe.”

“Alright,” she agreed.

My eyes held her fixed where she stood while I added sternly, “Make sure that when you come before me you are properly prepared… and I will see you in an hour.”

No comments: