Mine

Mine
A riding crop and a blindfold doesn't make it BDSM. There is a big difference between being kinky and being in the scene. It's not a sexual thing to me, it's a very spiritual thing. ~ DominaBlue

3/24/11

Chapter 52

EPOV

Unable to sleep, I was sitting on the chair in the corner of my room looking over the papers that I had copied from the club. I was calling Weiss in the morning to give him a rundown of all that had happened over the weekend along with a few more people for him to investigate. Making my list of occurrences so I wouldn’t forget anything while trying to figure out how it all pieced together.

There had to be a connection, the missing alcohol, the break-in, the altered sign in book, it all had to come together somehow. The sign in book was what really had me baffled. I told Aro years ago that the sign in should be computerized, but he insisted that a lot of the members would not be comfortable with that. They were either technically challenged or worried about someone hacking into their private information.

So out of nostalgia he decided to go the old school route with a giant monstrosity of a book reminiscent of some secret society. Each year a new book was purchased and each year his signature was the first one in there. I suppose that would have been alright except it’s all done in pencil.

The first few years that the club was in operation black ink was used in the book. However there were so many mistakes made of people signing in under the wrong name that Aro decided a pencil should be used. The members are not to erase, if a mistake occurs they are to bring it to his attention and he corrects the book. Well looking over the papers in my hand it was clear that hasn’t been happening. The question I had was; what the hell did any of this have to do with Bella?

As I thought her name she mumbled something in her sleep, looking over at her she was laying on her side facing me. I had loosened the slack on the rope that kept her tethered to my bed so she would be more comfortable. The restraints around her wrist kept her hands together while they lay softly against the pillow in an almost angelic pose.

My own angel sent from heaven, pale skin stood out in contrast to the dark brown sheet that concealed her from breast to thigh. Her knees slightly relaxed in a bent position while her ankle restraints kept her securely positioned to the bed. She was absolutely beautiful and I wondered how in the world I had lived so long without her.

Bella made me so proud with the way she carried herself and her obedience she was incredible to watch. Emmett had brought a disgruntled Caius into the office while Aro and I were discussing what to do about the sign-in book and Mike’s apparent tampering. I really just wanted to finish up our conversation so I could take Bella home for her reward. Emmett pulled me to the side saying that Jess was out in the other room and she was angry because Bella had yelled at her.

That piece of information surprised me. “Why would Bella start a confrontation with Jessica?”

Emmett laughed at my question clapping my shoulder, “Dude, I have no idea …” he laughed harder, “…but she’s pissed.”

Oh Fuck … so much for Bella’s reward …

“Bring her in,” I groaned looking to my uncle who seemed to be enjoying my irritation.

Jessica sat in the chair closest to the side of the desk I was leaning on. She kept shifting position in what I could only assume to be an attempt to get my attention. Caius was upset that Bella refused to speak to him, even after he demanded an answer. That made me angry.

“Isabella is my collared submissive, you have no right to demand anything of her.”

“Edward…” the calmness was rolling off him as he spoke, “I was just asking the girl a simple question, however she did not even acknowledge my presence.”

That’s my girl

With a sigh I looked to Jess but it was Aro who asked, “And what can we do for you?”

“I was attacked in the bathroom.”

“By Isabella?” the disbelief Aro had was plain as day.

“Yes. She was very rude to me.”

Aro gave me another smirk before moving to sit behind his desk and I asked Emmett to call Rose so they could come in and straighten this out. I wasn’t concerned about Caius, she had done exactly as I directed. It was Jess’ complaint that had me at a loss. I couldn’t imagine Bella starting an argument but even if she was provoked and responded she would need to be punished.

Emmett opened the door for them and Rose stood next to her husband while Bella immediately came and presented herself. She looked a little worried so I figured I would take care of Caius first. After answering my questions I let Caius know that she was only following my instructions about not talking to anyone. Jess decided it was a good time to chime in and when I looked at Bella I could tell she was not happy about that.

I wanted to once again set Caius straight about him leaving Isabella alone, but I gave him a chance to ask her anything he wanted to know. He didn’t like that I used the phrase ‘attacked’ and I was proud that Bella remained quiet when he tried to goad her into answering him. The anger in me returned as Bella told Aro what was said to her and it totally pissed me off that he insinuated that my girl took money for sex.

Apparently Aro wasn’t happy about that either because he calmly but thoroughly admonished Caius’s actions. Reminding him once again to mind his own business and if he had any questions or concerns about Aro’s affairs he should just ask him, rather than bother Isabella. Caius wasn’t happy at the thought of sanctions; he would lose his standing in the club and with the other members. He left the room very unhappy and although I hoped, I knew we hadn’t heard the last from him.

Aro was angry not only with Caius but with Jess because it was clear that whatever Mike was up to, she was a part of it. I didn’t know how much of a part or if she was knowingly participating. She certainly didn’t have the brain capacity to be the mastermind, but still she should know better than to get herself involved in anything illicit.

Excusing himself Aro and Jane left the room but before shutting the door he turned and grinned at me like the Cheshire Cat. I would have to ask him later what he found so damn funny about the situation. Emmett had a large smile on his face too, Rose just looked mad as hell.

Standing from where I was leaning against the desk, I figured I’d better get it over with and I hoped upon all hope that I wouldn’t have to punish Bella. I had so wanted to reward her. Bella was still looking at the floor when I spoke.

“Isabella did you speak to Jessica?”

“No Master.”

As soon as the words left her mouth Jess yelled, “Liar!”

I needed Bella to look at me, I don’t think she ever openly lied to me and I remember Leah saying that I would know immediately if she ever did. Locking our eyes so I could see Bella’s reaction I asked Jess to tell me what was said.

I could see Bella trying to contain the anger as Jess told her story of how Bella yelled at her as soon as she came in the bathroom. How she was mad and called Jess a bitch, threatening to hurt her and saying that Jess was nothing and she didn’t care if anything bad happened to her.

As I listened I knew that Jess was exaggerating quite a bit, I knew Bella would never openly start a conflict. She also would not threaten anyone with bodily harm unless there was a good reason. However, my girl must have said something because I couldn’t imagine Jess making everything up. So keeping her gaze I worded my question very carefully.

“Are you telling me that Jessica is making all that up?”

“No Master.”

Son of a bitch, she did talk to her and worse than that she lied to me.

“Then you did speak with her,” my tone was harsh. I wanted her to know how disappointed I was with her. However, I was completely baffled by her answer.

“No Master.”

How could she still deny disobedience?

“Isabella I would suggest that you explain yourself. How is it that you can stand there claiming to be innocent yet she’s telling the truth? ”

Bella’s eyes held mine without so much as a blink as she took a deep breath and started to explain, “Master your girl did say those things…” I had to clamp my mouth shut to keep myself calm until I heard the rest.

“…however, she was speaking to Rosalie; it is not your girls fault if Jessica was eavesdropping on our private conversation.”

Eavesdropping? My girl is diabolical.

I didn’t know if I should laugh or be worried about how devious she could be. I had to let Bella know of my conflict.

“That screams of semantics Isabella.”

She continued to look at me like she was proud of the way she handled the situation. Jess irritated me with her sarcastic comment, “Yes Semantics,” and I glared at her wondering if she even knew what the word meant only to have her protest, “She called me a bitch Edward.”

Jess said my name like I was supposed to protect her or something. When I looked back at Bella the pain and hurt in her eyes freaking tore me apart. All I wanted to do was take her in my arms and make the pain go away. It was in that moment that I knew whatever was said in that bathroom was meant to wound her and I loathed Jess for that. One thing was for sure, there was no way I was going to cause Bella any more pain by giving Jess more attention then I already did.

“Jess you can go back out to Mike, tell him that if he has a problem with what happened I’ll be here another fifteen minutes so he can come talk to me on his break.” I wanted to make it perfectly clear that I knew she was in some way involved with Mike. I also wanted to give him a chance to come talk to me. But more importantly I never took my eyes off of Bella because I wanted her to know that she was more important to me than anyone else.

Jess left completely unsatisfied telling me that she would tell Mike. Her comment confirming that they were somehow together. To be honest I didn’t think he cared but I was going to give him the fifteen minutes to prove me wrong. I showed Emmett what I had found out and when I looked back at Bella she still hadn’t moved nor had the pain left her eyes. For the first time in my life I was saddened by my previous lifestyle. I wished it would have been different so that Bella wouldn’t have to suffer from the backlash of the women who meant nothing to me other than getting me off.

After waiting with no sign of Mike we left Aro’s office. I was just going to head out but I wanted to get Mikes reaction, and it was exactly what I expected. The thing was I couldn’t imagine why he would deny their involvement. It had nothing to do with me, even if I didn’t have Bella I wouldn’t care if Jess was with him, so why downplay it?

The sound of Bella’s sleepy voice brought my attention back to her face as she murmured my name once more adding “my master.”

There was no doubt in my mind that I was unequivocally hers, the woman owned me in a way that I never thought was possible. There is nothing she could ask of me that I wouldn’t do for her. I thought about the gift I had ordered for her and I hoped it was ready before we left for our trip. It was just a simple anklet of tiny silver bells, nothing in comparison to the gift she had given me.

I really wasn’t paying attention to the trivia game. Angela had come around for drink orders and I was keeping an eye on Mike. I knew the girls were getting a lot of correct answers and they laughed while standing in a huddle. It was nice to know that Bella was having a good time considering how much she didn’t want to be at the club. Emmett’s yelling alerted me to the fact that they had won.

“Yo Bro, this is going to be interesting,” my brother said nudging me with his shoulder. I had to agree with him, hoping that their challenge wasn’t too demanding because I wasn’t sure Bella was ready for that. In fact I wasn’t sure that Bella was ready for any public display.

Jane handed Ron the paper as he read, “Deep Shot.”

“Oh man, we’re going to get a firsthand look at the banana training,” Emmett seemed very excited about the idea then sounded kind of sad, “it won’t be Rosie.”

I knew they only used low alcohol content liquors but still Rose was pregnant and she couldn’t have any shots. The girls seemed to be debating about something, Bella looked like she was confused and then Ron said something to them right before she started frantically shaking her head.

Rose spoke to Ron and then he announced. “She needs permission.”

Emmett spoke under his breath, “Holy fuck little Bella is going to do it.”

In a split second decision I yelled, “Granted,” and then wondered if I made the right choice as the girls got back into their huddle. However I had to admit that I was excited about the prospect of Bella doing a pubic scene. I thought that it might be a good starting point for her and with me on the outside looking in; it would give me an opportunity to see what we had to work on.

Rose took the container from Ron and Bella took a few steps away from where they were standing. She looked completely at ease keeping her eyes down with her back and chin straight as she gracefully sank to the floor to get in her waiting position. I couldn’t take my eyes off her as she clasped her hands behind her back forcing her breasts to thrust out.

Waiting on the floor in front of over two hundred people Bella was calm and serene. Her face was as impassive as it would have been had we been alone. The depth of her submission was completely obvious to everyone in the room.

Jane came forward placing a hand on top of Bella’s head, yet she had no reaction while she stayed perfectly still. I was mesmerized watching my Bella stay true to her training, not a flinch or a hitch in her breath as Jane touched, kissed and stroked her skin and hair. She was magnificent and she was mine.

Rose circled around both of them, leaning over to whisper in Jane’s ear telling her the next move to make on Bella. Jane tugged on her hair and tipped her chin up, while Bella showed no sign of fear or self-consciousness. I knew it was an act and that was my aunt with my girl and sister-in-law but it was erotic as hell, made all the more so because of Bella’s show of obedience.

Ron started the bidding at thirty seconds with a five hundred dollar bid; Rose spoke in Jane’s ear. Jane nodded then ran the outside of her fingers over Bella’s jaw and down her throat before skimming them across the exposed skin her chest stopping once she got to the black lace that lined the top of the corset. My Bella stayed so still that the pride in me welled up so much I thought I would fucking burst.

The bid went to one thousand Rose moved around to stand behind Jane once more tugging her hair to force her to look up. Jane opened her mouth to take the shots and I thought she was going to do it until Rose shook her head pulling the alcohol back away and motioning with her chin towards Bella. Someone yelled three thousand for ten seconds, I couldn’t tell who. My eyes were glued to the spectacular woman on the floor. Bella was so secure in her submission, that she had not faltered one little bit.

Rose tipped Bella’s chin higher giving the command, “Open.”

Bella didn’t bat an eye lash as she complied taking the holder into her mouth. I could see the muscles in her throat moving as she worked the contents out of it. I tried to count wondering if she could do it in that amount of time. I knew that my girl had skills when it came to using her mouth but ten seconds didn’t seem very long. Before I could completely comprehend how long it had been the holder was being thrust back out. There were a few gasps and some ‘damns’ being said as Ron announced eight-point-three seconds.

“Holy fuck,” Emmett muttered next to me, but I didn’t answer because my feet were propelling me towards her. Before I could get there a luscious blush broke out over her face and chest making her all the more endearing. As I offered my hand to her I felt a slight hint of jealousy because she had just done her first public scene without me, but it was over shadowed by the growing feeling of pride. She had just shown the whole room what I see in her every day, the gift of her submission to me, a gift that I truly treasured.

A whimper left her drawing my full attention back to the bed. Bella squirmed around like she was trying to get into a comfortable position and I couldn’t stay away from her any longer. Turning out the light, I climbed back into bed pulling the comforter up over us. Bella’s head snuggled into my chest settling back into a peaceful sleep. I still had so many things on my mind but with my girl where she belonged I was able to put them away for the night and sleep.

Bella’s movement brought me out of a deep sleep, but it wasn’t until my brain registered a handful of breast that I fully woke up. She had turned so we were spooning causing my dick to be pressed up against her ass. Trailing a line of soft kisses down her neck while my hand drew circles around a nipple I chuckled at the moan.

“What time is it?” Her sleepy voice broke the silence and I glanced over my shoulder telling her it was almost eight o’clock. Bella let out a sigh of protest.

My lips moved across her neck capturing her earlobe and tugging it before speaking softly, “I was thinking…we could delay your liberation and you let me do naughty things to your body for just a little while longer.”

“Mmm…” she purred, “maybe.”

“Maybe?” I growled while she giggled as my hand slipped down between her thighs.

“Mmmm…that’s cheating.”

It might be but I would never admit to it, “No, this…” my fingers started to move through her slickness, “…is persuasion.”

Bella’s hips moved against my hand, “I’m going to miss my workout.”

“I’ll give you a workout,” I assured her with a hiss as her bottom pushed against my dick. I couldn’t take the pressure any longer so I told her, “Lift your knee Isabella.”

As she complied I knew she would consent, my hips moved back so I could get into a better position and my dick slid through her slick folds. “What do you say Isabella?”

“Please?” the pleading in her voice caused my dick to throb with want and I gave her the workout I had promised.

Getting out of the shower Bella was standing at the sink with a towel wrapped around her while she brushed her teeth. When she was done I took her wrists in my hands to inspect them. She had worn the restraints all night and I wanted to make sure that even though they were padded, that they left no marks on her. As I turned her wrists over there was a small scratch on the outside of her arm just below the elbow.

I didn’t know how it got there, the restraints didn’t come up that high and the ties that secured her to the bed where flat nylon. That should in no way have scratched her. “What happened?”

Bella twisted her arm to see what I was talking about. She rubbed it with her other hand still looking at it while she spoke, “It’s just a small scratch, probably from Jess’s nails.”

She spoke like it was nothing out of the ordinary, opened the cabinet to get the anti-biotic cream then left the bathroom leaving me standing there waiting for an answer. I was ticked that she wouldn’t elaborate and I wondered how Jess’s nails could have scratched her. Bella was already dressed by the time I met up with her in the bedroom. She had her hands full of laundry and was heading out the door telling me that she was going down to start the coffee.

After dressing I took the time to call the investigator, he answered on the second ring and we talked about what had occurred over the weekend. He told me that his initial report would be complete by the end of the week. I told him we would be out of town, and unless what he found was vital to our safety I would prefer to wait until we returned. I then set up a tentative appointment for the following Friday morning, here at the house. Hoping that maybe by then he would have everything finished and we could have a relaxing vacation.

Once that was done I headed downstairs. The coffee had just finished brewing and Bella was digging around in the refrigerator when I into the kitchen. She put some eggs in a pot, filled it with water then put it on the stove to cook.

“Is cereal alright with you?” She asked while I poured our coffee. Her question caught me off guard and I eyed the eggs on the stove. Bella must have seen my confusion because she told me that the eggs were needed for the Corn Pie she was making for dinner.

Sitting down at the table to eat we talked about our morning plans. I was meeting Aro at the club at eleven-thirty to do an alcohol count and Bella told me that she needed to run some errands and then she was coming home to get ready for tonight. We were each just about done eating when she got up to turn off the eggs and bring the coffee pot over to the table. As she stretched her arm out in front of me I couldn’t keep my eyes off the scratch.

“Are we going to talk about it?”

“About what?” she truly didn’t know what I meant, so I held up her arm. Bella’s face fell, “Oh.”

I kept staring at her while she sat back down in her seat, waiting for her to start talking. Whatever happened she didn’t want to tell me, but I wasn’t giving her a choice - I wanted, no I needed to know. Finally she sighed and started talking.

“I don’t know what you want me to say Edward, I handled it, ingeniously I thought, I let her know that I wasn’t going to take any of her shit while still obeying you. Did I do wrong? Were you mad at me?”

Was I mad at her?

I figured I would let her answer her own question, “Did you get punished?”

Bella shook her head at my question so I asked another one, “Were you rewarded?”

The sweetest smile and blush broke out over her face, “Several times,” she admitted, making me chuckle, but I needed her to know something.

My fingers laced with hers on top of the table while I explained, “The fact of the matter is…” I looked in her eyes, “…Bella you shouldn’t have to handle shit.”

“I know that Edward and believe me I have no idea what they expect from me. I don’t understand why in the world your bimbo’s come after me because you don’t invite them into your bed. What do they expect me to say? ‘Oh yeah, go ahead, fuck my boyfriend’ I mean come on.”

Bella was quiet for a second before she spoke again. “You know what? Next time that’s what I’m going to say to them. ‘Go ask Edward why he doesn’t want to fuck you anymore’, because in all honesty if you really wanted to, I couldn’t stop you.”

There was the pain in her eyes again. I squeezed her hand and said the only thing I could think of, “I’m sorry.”

“It’s not your fault Edward. I sat right here in this chair a month ago and asked you how many there had been and if I would be seeing them. I knew what I was getting into. I have a Masters in Psychology, believe me I know that woman are malicious, vindictive, and cruel. Your bimbo’s are bullies and if there is one thing I’ve learned from James it’s how to deal with bullies. It’s just…” she trailed off as her eyes filled with tears.

I felt like shit that I had spoken to Jess so much while we were in Aro’s office, “I shouldn’t have given Jess so much of my attention, I didn’t mea…”

Bella cut off my words, “It’s not that you spoke to her that hurt so much. It was…”

I didn’t say anything, instead I watched the woman I love deal with the hurt that had been inflicted, “…she wanted a reaction from you and she got it. It was the look that gave her the most satisfaction. That dominant, I mean business, I own you look. The one that belongs to me,” she sniffled then shook her head dismissively, “it’s stupid never mind.”

There was the cause for her pain; Jess had angered her which she handled brilliantly. I had hurt her, albeit inadvertently but that didn’t matter. Bella stood to clear off the table and I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her into my lap and placing my chin on her shoulder.

“Tell me about this look,” Bella’s head turned while she glared at me through the corner of her eyes with a smirk on her face.

“No.”

I chuckled pulling her back closer to my chest while I breathed in the scent of her neck, “Come on Bella, tell me what it does to you.”

“You know what it does to me.”

I did know the way she reacted, how it got her into the right frame of mind, how it made her eager and aroused. I was careless and I was sorry, “Are you terribly upset with me?”

“No, you’re a man, you can’t help it.”

“What!” I pulled back to look at her face while she giggled at my reaction. “I don’t know if I should be defending my gender or thanking you for being so understanding of my weakness.”

Bella tist. “I didn’t mean it like that. Men think logically. You see something wrong, you want to fix it and you do that by reverting to what works for you. Some men yell, some hit, some remove the problem; in your case - you use the look. The only thing is, that’s my look and I don’t like you giving it to anyone else.”

Her voice softened while her fingers ran over the outside of my hand. I certainly didn’t mean to do anything wrong; Jess had irritated me and I guess Bella was right I reverted to what I know. That is to take command of the situation, I kissed her cheek, “Well my love I am very sorry that I gave your look to someone else and I will try very hard to not do that anymore.”

She glared at me through narrowed eyes, “You’re making fun of me.”

“No…” I told her moving my chin across her shoulder, “I know the look you give me and I wouldn’t want you giving that look to anyone else either. And that’s my logical male brain talking.”

Bella snuggling back closer into my chest while we sat quiet for a minute before I remembered she never answered my original question, “Now, how did you get that scratch?”

As I listened to what happened I was livid, and had it been within my power Jess would be banned from the club. Bella made me promise to let it go and reluctantly I agreed. But one thing is for sure it better not happen again.

We sat at the table finishing the last of the coffee talking about all that had occurred during our time together since yesterday afternoon. How she felt about being in full-mode in front of Joe while he was working on the locks. Her answer was as I expected it to be, at first self-conscious but then it became easier and since it wasn’t a very long period of time Bella didn’t mind at all. Which was a good thing; I rather like keeping her in full submission around ‘vanilla’ people. I would compare it to sneaking sex in public; with a hint of risk at the possibility of getting caught. I find it to be exciting and was pleased to know that would be something we could move forward with.

Bella understood completely why I was displeased with the kiss she laid on my dick in the shower, and we discussed what she wrote in her journal. I waited for her to approach the subject of requesting to be punished. She seemed to skirt around the issue talking about everything but, until finally her mind couldn’t keep evading it anymore.

“It was strange, I just knew that I couldn’t get in that bed and rest knowing that it was unsettled. I needed to know that,” she stopped for a second to gather her thoughts, “this is going to sound really strange especially from me. But I expect you to reprimand me when I’ve done something wrong.”

I sat watching her silently drinking my coffee as she put it all together while staring at her cup when she looked at me it was hard to tell if she was perplexed or reconciled. “You know…James would always say that he needed to teach me a lesson, and I cringed. Of course his idea of a lesson was beating me with a belt and locking me in the box.”

I needed to take a few deep breathes at that statement to keep myself calm at the thought of him hurting my Bella like that. I still wasn’t sure what was going to happen if I met him while we were in Forks. I didn’t have much time to think about it because Bella continued talking.

“But he was just abusive. And when you reprimand me I know it’s out of concern for me so that I really can learn a lesson.” Bella sighed, “Does that make any sense?”

It did make sense and it was the way the world looked at our lifestyle as a parallel version of domestic violence that might have been causing her turmoil. Intellectually Bella knew the difference but now she was getting firsthand experience and trying to reconcile it in her head. I thought I could help her see the difference.

“Were you afraid when he would…” I didn’t even want to use the word reprimand, because that certainly is not what he did, “…penalize you?”

“Oh my god…afraid? I was terrified!” I nodded at her admission before making my point.

“Are you afraid at anytime - before, during, or after when I punish you?”

“No, I don’t like it at the time but I’m more upset that I let you down than I am at you. Afterwards when we talk about it I understand that it was truly meant to teach me a lesson because you care. I know it sounds insecure but when you sent me to bed, I thought you didn’t want to be bothered with me anymore, like I wasn’t worth your time. I also didn’t want to have my… transgression hanging over us for the rest of the night. I wouldn’t have been able to relax because I would have been worrying about it.”

She stopped for a second taking a drink from her cup before looking at me with a serious gaze, “How did you know, that I was going to ask?”

“I didn’t.”

That was the truth. I had hoped, but to be honest I wasn’t sure what I would have done had she not spoken up.

She got up taking as many of the stacked dishes as she could carry while I took the rest over to the dishwasher. While Bella was taking care of them I put away the stuff on the counters. We had spent longer than expected eating, so after letting Seth in, we left the house together; I kissed her good-bye in the garage telling her to be careful and asking her to please let me know when she got home before making my way to New Moon.

Aro wasn’t there when I arrived but I got started anyway. The bartenders had done a good job with keeping track of everything that was used which made restocking easy. By the time I got into the back store room Jane had already started counting what we had in reserve. After taking her numbers we sat together at her desk to reconcile the inventory and it appeared that everything was accounted for.

My aunt was still looking down at the papers double checking the figures as she spoke, “This will make Master most happy. The IT man is coming this afternoon to install the new program. This one believes that will also help to alleviate some if his stress.”

“Has he been worried?” once the question was asked I realized how stupid it was; of course this problem would cause him concern.

“Master hates to think that someone he trusts would steal from him.” I nodded at her obvious answer as a sad smile formed on her face, “Tell this one Edward how is Bella today? We were to go to lunch but last night this one had to cancel because she was needed here.”

I didn’t know they had plans for lunch but maybe nothing was set, “She’s fine.”

“This one was most upset with what happened last night. She finds it difficult to believe that there are those who think it’s alright to create havoc for their own purposes.”

I wasn’t sure exactly who she was referring to and I didn’t get a chance to ask for clarification, Jane looked at me with the most serious face I had ever seen on her, “Edward it is not this one’s place to make demands or suggestions on your relationship with Bella but…”

A throat cleared behind us, “Jane” at the sound of her name her eyes immediately dropped and I was sort of put off that she did not get to finish her statement.

Aro glared at his wife as he spoke, “Edward you will have to excuse audacity of my slave, regardless of how often I have told her not intervene, it seems she has taken upon herself to do so anyway. I suppose that her defiance is mostly due to the affection she has towards Ms. Swan,” his voice became cold, “however, that is no excuse for disobedience.”

Jane stayed completely still while he spoke not even moving while I followed Aro into his office with the inventory information. My phone chirped as I was sitting down with a text from Bella telling me she was home and asking if I would be there for lunch. While Aro looked over the numbers I texted her back saying that I would be a few more hours and would get something on my own. When I looked up my uncle had the same grin on his face he did last night.

“What do you find so damn amusing?”

He raised his hands in surrender letting out a loud chuckle, “Nothing. It’s just nice to see you growing up.”

“Growing Up?” I questioned.

“Yes. Putting away your wild care free ways of being with women who mean nothing to you. Finding someone who you can be happy with, and knowing that Ms. Swan is happy also.” He became rather smug, “I am quite the matchmaker.”

His words made me laugh, “Oh yeah, you’re a regular gypsy.”

“Please Edward, give me a little credit. I will admit that your relationship has flourished quicker than I would have thought, but like I said, it’s nice to see.”

And there was that damn irritating grin again.

“What the fuck are you grinning for? You were doing that while I was trying to sort out what the hell happened with Jess.”

“Yeah,” he raised his eyebrows, “ and how did that work out for you?”

My uncle, whom I admired and respected, was finding something very humorous in the situation, but I didn’t want to give him the satisfaction so I answered as simply as I could. “I figured it out, Jess started it …”

He interrupted, “Of course she did.” His face was impassive as he spoke the words in complete confidence making me wonder how he could have been so sure of himself. I didn’t have to ask because he explained.

“Ms. Swan has always struck me as a woman of integrity, respectful and courteous. In answer to your question of what I found so amusing, it was your two worlds colliding. The one of your care free days of bedding anything willing to spread their legs as compared to the one where you find pleasure with a woman of substance. One who not only intrigues you with her feminine ways but challenges you with her wit.”

“Feminine ways?” I asked.

Aro smiled, “I could have been vulgar; however I admire Isabella too much to be crass. All your other women I would call…tarts, a sweet little treat with no substance. However, I have never found anything that Ms. Swan does to be less than graceful and demure. I am most happy that things have worked out for the two of you, and the fact that I had a hand in it only adds to that.”

I stood up because it was getting late and I needed to leave. “Well…I’m glad that I can bring you such joy in both my happiness and with my problems.”

He stood with me. “Oh Edward you don’t really have problems, the longer you stay with Ms. Swan the more your past conquests will see that there is nothing for them to continue pursuing. Right now they are testing the waters to see how tepid they are. They want to see if they can turn up the heat enough to make you or Ms. Swan jump out of the pot. My only recommendation is that you both get some heat retarded suites because I’m fairly sure that the boiling point is yet to come. In the mean time perhaps it is wrong of me to find humor in your trials,” he chuckled before continuing.

“But in all honesty Edward, had you seen your own face last night, you would have laughed too.” I thought about what he said and then wondered what my face did look like, because Emmett was laughing too, I was going to have to ask my brother about that.

I left Aro’s office telling him I would see him later for dinner. When I walked out of the door Jane quickly stood at the sound of her name being called not even acknowledging my departing words. By the time I got outside it was after one and I needed some lunch so I just grabbed two slices of pizza from the Italian place across the street then headed home.

When I got home it was clear that Bella was in full blown hostess mode. The house was spotless, it appeared that every surface had been dusted, vacuumed, and sanitized and there was the unmistakable smell of baking coming from the kitchen. She was standing by the counter rolling dough out when I walked up to her wrapping my arms around her waist.

“Hey baby,” I told her placing a kiss on her temple.

“Hey yourself,” she said not breaking a stride in what she was doing. As I looked I saw the two cakes cooling on a rack.

“Bella you didn’t need to go to all this trouble. We could have just bought something.”

She stopped in mid-roll, “I wanted to. I don’t get to cook very often and it really wasn’t much trouble.”

I shrugged asking her if she needed any help and when she said no I told her that I was going upstairs to pack for our trip. While I was up there, Felix called to say that the anklet I ordered was ready and I could pick it up in the morning. That made me even happier as I was deciding what to take along. Once all that was done I headed back downstairs, Bella was mixing something in a bowl.

“What’s that?” I asked while getting out a bottle of water from the refrigerator.

“Icing for the cake,” she said like it was obvious. Then she asked if I was all packed and when I answered yes she gave me a strange look.

“Did you take extra sweatshirts? Because you know it’s slightly colder in Forks.”

I told her yes and she continued with her question as she turned off the beaters and stirred the sweet goodness with a spoon, “How about deodorant, shampoo, toothbrush…”

Cutting her off before she could ask if I remembered underwear I said, “Bella I’m not twelve I’m a grown man.”

She smiled at me holding up the wooden spoon, “Do you want to lick the spoon?”

“Yes,” I said eagerly. To which she laughed. It took me a second to realize what she found so damn funny, but I didn’t care because that shit was good.

“Mmmm…is this Grammy V’s?”

“Yes. I hope it got right,” she seemed worried but if the cake was as good as the icing, then she fucking nailed it.

But I knew she was worried so I said, “I’m sure it will be great.”

Bella iced the cake, setting it aside on a raised crystal tray with a cover that I had never seen before. I wasn’t sure if she bought it or brought it from her house but it was pretty. After that she took a load of wash out of the dryer and went upstairs to pack. While she did that I went down into the playroom to get a few things together for our trip.

I met Bella back in the kitchen; she had showered and changed into a grey fitted skirt and pink blouse. She had an apron on with bare feet making her look extremely domesticated and I was surprised by how sexy I thought that made her.

Getting out a bottle of wine I poured us each a glass and asked if there was anything I could do. She had me get the chicken in the oven and then help her with hors d'oeuvre. Once again I told her that she didn’t need to go to all the trouble, but she dismissed me with a kiss and grope of my ass.

As we worked in the kitchen every chance she had to walk by me some part of her body came in contact with my ass. At first I thought it was accidental but when the soft brushes turned to squeezes it was obvious what she was doing. I gave her a look of bewilderment with raised eyebrows and all I got in return was feigned innocents. Letting it go I went about my business while we talked about nothing of consequence and had another glass of wine.

Bella came in the kitchen from setting the table to get the water glasses that were on the top shelf of the cabinet. Rather than her struggling I reached up to get them only to feel her squeezing my ass cheeks with both hands.

With my hands full of glasses I looked over my shoulder to see her standing there with the most beautiful blush on her face. Her bottom lip secured tightly between her teeth as once again she played at innocence. She was so cute in her mannerisms I chuckled.

All the food was done, everything was in the warmer and I bent over to baste the chicken one more time, when Bella walked by me with a swat to my ass. This time she giggled. The sound of her amusement made me smirk, “You, my dear, are going to keep it up and I am going to take you upstairs and give you a good spanking.”

At first she giggled then her humor turned to cockiness. “Is that a promise or a threat?”

Raising my eyes in disbelief I told her exactly what it was, “It is a simple statement of fact my love.”

She giggled again giving the pot on the stove a stir. A few minutes later the door bell rang and Bella quickly removed the apron and slipped her shoes on. As she walked by me her hand popped me on the ass before she let out a giggle and ran to the front door. Pressing the code into the box she turned to me laughing, “Ha!”

I didn’t even think about it as I scooped her up over my shoulder before opening the door to a very surprised Emmett and Rose. Bella was squealing and squirming making me use two hands to keep her secure.

“Edward! Put me down!” She was still giggling.

“Is this free whacks night?” my brother asked but my face remained serious as I assured him, “No, this one’s all mine.”

“Edward!” she popped me on the ass again.

I had to hold on to Bella tighter while she squirmed.

“Oh My God Edward… I didn’t mean it …put me down… I promise…I’ll be good.” She was still giggling as she popped me one more time.

So much for her promises

“Rose there are hors d'oeuvres in the warmer could you please get them out? Emmett would you get everyone a drink? If you will excuse me, I have something that I need to take care of upstairs.”

No comments: