Mine

Mine
A riding crop and a blindfold doesn't make it BDSM. There is a big difference between being kinky and being in the scene. It's not a sexual thing to me, it's a very spiritual thing. ~ DominaBlue

2/2/11

Chapter 3

BPOV

As I watched Edward shut the door, I was sure my face was giving away my excitement.

All night long, I kept watching him. The way his muscles flexed under his shirt as he moved his arms. How his Adams apple bobbed when he would take a drink, and then his tongue would sneak out to lick his lips.

Every time he did that my girlie parts would go into over drive making me afraid to get up, knowing for sure there would be a wet spot on my chair. The best view was when he would walk away, his pants pulled across his gluts so deliciously that I had to suppress the urge to groan. But his eyes, oh-my-god, his green eyes. I could get lost, just staring into their beauty. He was sex-on-a-stick.

I didn’t know what to say when Aro suggested that I come to the club with Edward. Inside I was screaming...Yes! Yes! Yes! But I didn’t want him to feel like I was being pushed on to him.

Besides why in the world he would want to be with me, when he could have any woman he wanted was beyond me. I know I’m not ugly, but I’m not beautiful either. I’m simple, plain and let’s face it, with the shit I been through with James, I come with a lot of baggage. Which I’m sure once he knows all of it, he wouldn’t want to bother with me.

Yeah, Edward Cullen was out of my league. Besides, I’m was sure he is used to women who are a lot more adventurous in their sexual habits then I was. After all, I was only ever with one man--my husband. Even then, we didn’t have a very good sex life. He was rough, and not in the loving dominating way I fantasize about. No, he was brutal, mean, and uncaring. There was never any loving words or caresses, just pure brute force.

The first time we had sex it was after the junior prom. He was a senior and I had scamed my dad into allowing me to stay over for an after party. He reluctantly allowed it because Jake and Leah would be there along with parental chaperones that were to be there all night. In reality there were no parents and I knew Jake and Leah would never tell, that was our bond.

I wore a pink organza dress; I bought it myself with the money I had made working at the grocery store on weekends. It was pretty, with spaghetti straps and an empire waist; the bottom flowed when I twirled around. I only ever wore it once; the next day I had to throw it away. The next day was cold and I was glad for that because no one thought it strange that I was wearing a turrle neck that hid the bruises on my arms and neck.

“So are you going to?” Jake’s voice shook me out of my memory.

“What?”

He rolled his eyes at me. “I saw him with his phone; did you give him your number? Are you going to go out with him?”

“He said something about going out for coffee,” I answered with a shrug.

“Yeah right, coffee. He just wants to put a little cream in ya, that’s all he’s interested in.” Jake was quiet. “I don’t like him.”

I looked over at Jake, “Why not?” I asked incredulously.

“I don’t know, I don’t like the way he looks at you. It’s like he is coming up with all sorts of strange things in his mind to do to you.”

I was mad for a second, but then I smiled, “Really?”

Jake was pulling into my driveway; he put the car in park before turning to look at me. “Look Bella, I’m a man.”

“You are?” I asked with mock shock and then giggled.

“I’m serious. I went with you tonight to keep an eye on you, and make sure no one tried to do anything weird to you. That guy…”

I cut him off, “Edward.”

He sighed heavily, “Ok, Edward, Bella....He wants you!”


I didn’t know how to reply to that. So I just sat there with a big smug smile plastered on my face. After a few seconds I grabbed my purse, “Thanks for taking me Jake, love you.” I kissed his cheek and opened the door, stepping onto the driveway.

“Bella!”

I sighed leaning in the door of the car. “It’s just coffee Jake. I swear I won’t fuck him on the table at Starbucks.” Closing the door before his shocked face could reply.

The security light was already on, punching in the code for the keyless lock, Seth was right inside waiting for me. I checked the security system to make sure all was clear, then flicked the outside light so Jake knew I was safe inside.

I didn’t have to worry about taking Seth out, he used his doggy door. It was laser protected. He had a chip inserted under his skin that allowed him to pass through. If anyone or anything else came through the opening, the alarm would sound. I thought it was over kill until I saw an episode of The First 48 Hours, where a family was murdered by a man coming in through the doggy door. Besides Seth didn’t even care about the chip and he could come and go as he needed to.

“Come on boy, let’s go to bed.” I checked the security one more time, turned off the lights and headed to my room down the hall. My room is in the front of the house, with the master bath attached to it. It was my one luxury when I bought this house. I looked longingly at my Jacuzzi tub, I was just too tired. I went through my normal nightly ritual. Once I was changed and washed, I brushed my teeth and hair and plugged my phone into the charger on the night stand before climbing into bed.

I was just about to turn out the light when my phone chirped with a text message. I wasn’t going to answer, sure that it was Jake. I didn’t have the energy to listen to him anymore tonight. But, I knew that if I didn’t he would be worried and would probably come over here with Leah to check on me. Leah needed her rest, so I sighed and picked up my phone.

Just making sure you made it home safely Isabella - E
OH SHIT! I was hyperventilating. He was checking on me. I replied immediately.

Yes, I am home safe and sound in my jammies already nice and snuggly – B

I was literally giddy. Seth looked at me like I was crazy. I jumped when my phone chirped again.

Good, nothing like snuggly jammies to bring you pleasant dreams.
Sleep well, Isabella - E

You have a good night yourself Edward - B

I figured that was the end of the texting. I put down my phone, looked at Seth sleeping in his bed and turned out the light. The clock was blinking 2:05.

I awoke the next morning with a groan; I was having the most wonderful dream. I was at peace lying in a field of green grass, surrounded by wild flowers, wrapped in strong warm arms.
I looked at the clock -7:05-, damn. I was so comfortable, the last thing I wanted to do was get out of bed, but the smell of the coffee pot was to alluring.

“Come on Seth, let’s get moving.”

I rolled out of bed venturing into the kitchen to grab my first cup of coffee, before getting in the shower. I’m not big on makeup or hair styles, so I pulled my hair back in a low pony tail, used some face powder and mascara. I dressed in jeans, and a cute blue peasant shirt, with a pair of black flats. By 8:10 I was filling my travel mug, checking the security system and heading out the door.

I stopped by the Superfresh to pick up a few things that the center was always in need of: Diapers, formula, juices, baby food, toilet paper, tampons, shampoo and body wash. Two Hundred and seventy-five dollars later I was heading to the center.

“Good morning Carol,” I called out. Carol is the director. She’s in her early thirty’s and has a round face. She’s not fat, but she’s not thin either; I guess she is what you would call voluptuous.

“Anything new?” I asked with curiosity.


“Sally is back, she came in last night; her and the kids. She is bruised all over her left cheek. She refuses to see the doctor; she says he was rude to her before. She wants to see you; I penciled her in for you at 10:00.”

Nodding, I sighed.

Dr. Miller was a very competent physician, but his compassion and understanding of dealing with battered women was lacking. He was of the mind that if they are stupid enough to stay then they deserve what they get. I wish we had someone else, Dr. Miller didn’t work here for free, and sometimes it was hard enough to make all the bills each month.

Many times the volunteers and staff would pitch in from their own pockets just to keep the lights on. All the money I got from the divorce, I put into a trust, and I use that for the center. I figured its James’ penance.

I went into the community room; Sally was sitting feeding her daughter, her son next to her. Walking up to her I could see the mark on her arm, and her left eye was black and blue.

“When you are done here, I’ll be at my desk, come and see me, ok?”

She looked at me, nodding. I patted little Joey’s head and went to say hi to some of the other women in the room. Walking back to my desk, it was covered with mail. I was in on Wednesday night, but I hadn’t had time to go through it all. I was just sitting down with a fresh cup of coffee, when my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID - Jake.

“Hey,” I answered.

“Bella I just wanted to apologize for last night.”

I shrugged, “It’s OK.”

“No, I was wrong,” he said dejected.

“Leah made you call me, didn’t she?” I said with a grin.

“Well, sort of,” I could hear Leah in the back ground saying something about not being my father, Jake huffed, “really, I am sorry.”

“That’s ok Jake, I forgive you.” There was a knock at the door, Sally was standing there with Nicole in her arms and Joey hanging on her leg. I smiled, waving her in.

“I have to go Jake, tell Leah to call me later or tomorrow.”

“OK, bye Bells.” I switched my phone to silent, so we wouldn’t be interrupted.

Almost two hours, a half a box of Kleenex and six broken crayons later, Sally was walking out of my office. This is the third time that she has left him. I put my head down on my desk, rubbing the back of my neck, trying to ease the tension headache. Checking my phone there was a message from a number I didn’t recognize.

Logging into the voice mail I heard, “Good Morning, Ms. Swan.” It was Aro. “Just so you know, I am putting that check in the mail this morning. I’m sure it will be put to good use. Have a good day, my dear.” I smiled; Aro has been a main contributor to the center since I met him. I walked over to Carol to tell her to be expecting the check and to let me know so that I can send him a thank you card. While I was in her office I grabbed the agenda from her desk to make sure I had everything in my calendar.

“How about we break loose, grab some lunch, and have a Watermelon Martini?” Carol asked.

“Watermelon Martini? You think that’s a good idea?”

She smirked, “Always the responsible one. Ok, we’ll save that for after work.”

I nodded, “Deal! Let’s go get some lunch.”

We spent the time talking about the upcoming walk-a-thon, the charity ball, and looking for a physician that would be willing to work for free. Once we were back at the center I had two more appointments, and I had to go and check out an employment placement. By the time I got back to the center it was 6:00, and I was ready for that drink.

Carol looked at me, “How did it go?”

“I’ll tell you over that Martini.”

She turned off the computer, “Let's go, I could use one myself.”


We walked two blocks to a pub, ordered wraps, fries and our Martini’s, because they are so good. I told her about the job prospect for one of the women in the center. She told me she got a call from a doctor that might be available to donate time. The day turned out fairly well, a donation from Aro, and hopefully a new doctor. By the time we were half way through with the second drink she asked what my plans were for the weekend. I mentioned that I met Edward at a club last night -of course I didn’t tell her what club- I did tell her about our upcoming coffee date, and explained my sex-on-a-stick theory.

Her eyes lit up and with a smirk asked, “Sex-on-a-stick, huh? You think he could make me leave my husband?”

“I think he could!” I said with a giggle.

“He probably has a little peen.”

“No! Why would you say that?” I asked with astonishment.

“Was he ever married?”

“I don’t know,” I shrugged.

“Does he have gay tendencies?”

I burst out laughing. “I don’t think so!”

Carol shrugged and started laughing, “Well there you have it girl. If he wasn’t married, and he’s not gay, then he has to have a tiny peen, or he would have been scooped up already.” She said as she slammed her hands down on the table laughing.

I sat back in the booth, laughing so hard, I couldn’t see through the tears. “That is some theory you have there.”

I was becoming aware that due to our silly banter people were looking at us. As we were composing ourselves, I saw a figure approach our table from the corner of my eye. Out of reflex I went on the defense, and then I heard that velvet voice, “Isabella?”

I melted.

Looking up, there was Edward.

I smiled, “Edward? Hi.”

I went to introduce Carol and she was staring at him, I think she had drool on the corner of her mouth. Yeah, talk about his little peen now, bitch. Although he did look mouth watering with his kakis pants and dark brown button down over a white t-shirt.

“Umm, Carol this is Edward, Edward, Carol.”

He smiled at her extending his hand, “Nice to meet you, Carol.”

She just stared; I kicked her softly under the table. “Oh yeah, nice to meet you too, Edward.” She looked at me and mouthed ‘Damn.’

“So Isabella, are you out for a night on the town?”

I sighed, ‘No, we were just leaving work and it’s been a long week, so we came for dinner and a drink. That’s all. You?” Please don’t tell me you’re on a date...

“Actually, I’m meeting my father. I rarely come to this part of town, but my father wanted to check something out and he was told that this place has great Rubens. So, here I am.”

I nodded.

He crinkled his eyes, “You have another job? You work around here?”

Sighing I answered, “Ummm, it’s part of that long story, and yes it’s just a few blocks away.”

Edward nodded, “And one day Isabella, I will hear this long story right?”

I didn’t get to answer him because a man came to stand next to him, “Edward,” he clapped him on the shoulder.

Edward turned around, “Hey dad, you here already?”

I couldn’t take my eyes off him; his father was drop dead gorgeous. He was a tall as Edward with a slightly larger build, blue eyes and blond hair, he had to be in his fifties, but he looked more like thirty-five. I forced myself to look at Carol; she had the same blank expression I’m sure I had.

“Dad, this is Isabella, we met last night, and her co-worker Carol. Ladies, this is my father Dr. Carlisle Cullen.”

He extended his hand and I shook it, “Nice to meet you,” when he turneed to Carol she was standing, “Actually Dr. Cullen I believe we talked on the phone earlier today, I’m Carol Beemer.”

Dr Cullen tilted his head to the side, “From the center?”

“Yes,” Carol nodded.

He shook her hand. “Actually I stopped by the center; I was going to see if I could have a look at the facilities. I should have called first; I didn’t realize that the office would be closed.”


I looked to Edward seeing he had a look of confusion.

Dr Cullen went on to say, “I spoke with my brother-in-law this afternoon; he had nothing but positive remarkes. He informed me that you use community resources to train and educate the women you help. That your staff is mostly made up of volunteers, and that there are only two paid positions. He also said that he himself has donated on a regular basis for years, mostly due in part to a very tenacious member of your staff... I asked him for a name, but he said that was confidential. He was worried that he might be putting the young lady in harm’s way. So, I don’t know who she is, but she must be exceptional.”

Carol shook her head, “I’m sorry Dr Cullen, who is your brother-in-law?”

“Aro Vulturi,” he said with confidence.

Carol looked at me and beamed. I rolled my eyes as my face grew hot from the blush.

“That would be Bella,” she motioned in my direction. “She has been squeaking donations from Aro, for three years now.”

I was still sitting, trying to stop the blushing. I could feel Edward watching me as he listened.

Dr Cullen looked at me, “Well, you must be some negotiator to squeak money from him.”

I shook my head and smirked, “I just wink a lot.”

Dr. Cullen laughed, “Yeah, that would do it.”

“Dr. Cullen, if you would like to see the facility we could go now. My car is back there and I have some files I need to pick up. It’s only a few blocks.”

He nodded, “Edward, do you mind? I’ll only be a half an hour and then we can have dinner.”

Edward shook his head, “No, go ahead. If Isabella doesn’t mind me sitting with her?” He said with a smile.

“Oh, I’ll suffer through for the center,” I said mockingly.

He chuckled, and sat down across from me where Carol had been.

“Let me give you money for the bill, Bella.” Carol was reaching in her purse,
“I got it.” I waved her off.

“I’ll treat next time,” she said as she reached over to hug me. “Listen, if I don’t talk to you over the weekend, I’ll see you Monday afternoon.”

“Absolutely,” I hugged her back. I grabbed her hand as she was ready to turn around, “Carol, while your there, would you look in on Sally? I’m pretty sure her nose is broken.”

“I will. You be safe girl.”

I watched them walk out; I got a sick feeling of worry in my stomach, and pulled my bottom lip in between my teeth.

“What’s the matter?”

I turned to look at Edward; he was eyeing me with concern.

“What?” I forced a smile.

He narrowed his eyes at me, “You look worried? I like it better when you smile.”

“I’m fine.” I shook my head.

“Is this part of the long story?” He asked, eyeing me even more.

“Yeah, it is.” I smiled.

“There see? Much better when you smile.” He leaned forward, “I’ll tell you what Isabella, when you’re ready, and you trust me, I’ll listen to your story. And if we are to be anything, you’re going to have to trust me.”

The waiter came over to the table to see if we needed anything, “Isabella, do you want anything else?”

“Ah, yeah,” I looked at the waiter. “Can I get a piece of Chocolate cheese cake with cherries on top, and a coffee please? Oh, and can I have a pastrami on wheat, dry, to go?” The waiter wrote it down then looked to Edward, who was eyeing me suspiciously.

He chuckled shaking his head, “I’ll have a tonic with lemon.”

The waiter nodded and left. I regarded Edward’s expression, “What?”

He was still shaking his head. “Are you going to eat all that?’

“Well, chocolate is a girl’s best friend, and the sandwich is for Seth.”

“Seth? Is your son?”

“My dog,” I shook my head.

He looked.... relieved. “You feed your dog pastrami?”

“Sometimes, as a treat.”

He leaned closer over the table, “What would be a treat for you Isabella?”

Holy hell! Is it hot in here?

“Umm... I told you chocolate. It’s my one indulgence. Every now and then, when I been a good girl, I treat myself”

He shook his head, “Doesn’t anyone ever treat you?”

“No,” I said looking down at the table.


Edward cupped my chin lifting it, “What the fuck did he do to you Isabella?”

I could feel the tears forming in my eyes. “He made me doubt everything.”

Edward wiped the tear from the corner of my eye. “You know when I look at you, I see a strong, intelligent, curious woman. Who seems so unsure of herself, when in all actuality she is as fierce as a lion.”

I snorted, “I’m not a lion, I’m afraid of my own shadow. I have so many doubts and questions about who I am, and what I need, that sometimes I don’t even recognize myself. It’s like I put on this front, but it’s not me. Like there is something more hiding deep inside of me, screaming to get out and until it comes out, I’m only half a person.”

He was looking in my eyes, like he was reading my soul.

The waiter came, and I realized we were leaning towards each other across the table, so I sat back to let him put the plate and cup in front of me. When the waiter left, I picked up my fork and sighed, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to dump all that on you.”

Edward smiled warmly, “Its ok, Isabella. We all felt that way. I told you, it’s all about trust. I’m glad you trusted me enough to share.”

I took a bite of the cheese cake, it really was heavenly.

“Do you want some of this?” I asked as I pushed it towards the middle of the table.

Edward picked up the extra fork that the waiter brought, “I thought you’d never ask.” He took a bite, “Mmmm, that is really good.”

“So,” I asked to break some tension, “How did you end up teaching at UW?”

He took another bite and a swallow of his drink. “Well...I went into pre-med; I really wanted to be a pediatrician.”

I was shocked. “Really?”

He nodded, “Yup, but I didn’t get into a residency program; my dad was going to pull some strings, but I didn’t want any special treatment. So I applied for the position to teach Anatomy, I found I like it. So...here I am. I get off weekends, holidays, no emergency calls in the middle of the night…” I laughed. “Hey, I was the child of a doctor, I know what kind of hours they work.”

I nodded, “Yeah, I guess you’re right. My dad is a cop, same thing happens. Weekends, holidays, accidents at two in the morning, I think until I was thirteen I spent more time at Sue’s house then I did at my own. Charlie would come in…”

“Charlie?”

“Ummm...my dad.” He nodded, so I continued. “Anyway he would come in, pick me up wrapped in a blanket and take me to Sue’s house.” I saw him looking at me questionably. “Sue is Leah’s mother.” I gestured with my hands, “Leah is Jacob’s wife.”

“You all grew up together?” he asked.

“Yes, we have been best friends since I was eight, now Charlie is married to Sue, so we’re sisters. Jake is just along for the ride.” I said with a snort as he laughed.

The waiter was back with my sandwich, “Will there be anything else?”

Edward looked at me and I shook my head, “No I think that will be all, just the check.”

He pulled out the little black bill fold and set it on the table. I went to grab it, but Edward was faster. He was reaching into his wallet.

“Edward, I’ll pay for it.”

“I got it Isabella,” he shook his head.

“But you didn’t even order anything.” I was kind of pissed.

“Yes I did, I had a drink and ate most of that dessert.”

“Edward,” I whined, yes I whined.

He laughed, “Humor me Isabella, please?”

How could I refuse when he asked so nicely, and it was already done?


Edward reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, it must have been on silent, because I didn’t hear it. He gestured to it, “Excuse me, while I answer this?”

I nodded.

“Hi dad....no that’s alright, I’m just chatting with Isabella, and sharing her cheesecake.” He looked at me, “Where is your car?”

“Um...back at the center?”

He nodded once, keeping his eyes on mine, “Dad, I’m going to walk Isabella to her car. I’ll call you when I get there and then we can come back here,.... yeah, sure...” He handed me the phone.

I took it from him like it was a snake about to bite me.

“Hello?” It came out sounding like a question.

“Hello Bella, this is Carlisle, I just wanted you to know, that I looked at Sally. Her nose is broken,” I closed my eyes. “There is really nothing to do for it.”

“I know.” I interrupted. There really is nothing to do. Just hope it heals without too much deformity, and take pain meds.

Carlisle continued, “I taped it, and put a cold pack on it. I also gave her some Ibuprofen for the swelling and pain. Her cheek bone is intact, and there does not seem to be any damage to her orbital bone. As long as she does not have any problems breathing, that is about all I can do for her.”

“Thank you Dr. Cullen.”

“Please call me Carlisle. I think we will be seeing a lot of each other Bella.”

I sighed, “Thank you again Carlisle. Here’s Edward.” I handed him back the phone.

“Dad? You still there?...Sounds good, I’ll call you from outside. Bye.” He closed his phone, “You ready to go home?”

I nodded, “I’m ready to leave.”

No comments: